Wednesday, August 8, 2007
I was just kidding...
When I thought I understood about humidity before, well I was just kidding. I thought 70% humidity was a lot, but it is nothing compared 90+%. Yesterday evening we went and did some shopping and when we walked out of the store I felt this wave of wetness wash over me... literally. It almost feels like you could drink the air. It is so humid that the water actually condenses on the car windows as we are driving. I don't know what to do about that, do you turn on the defroster or what? And if the humidity reaches 100% would all the air turn to water? Back home after you take a shower and you blow dry your hair in the humid bathroom you get all sweaty (which kind of defeats the point of taking the shower). Well if feels like that all the time here. Now, I am not complaining. It is actually kind of interesting. We have had 3 HUGE rainstorms since we moved here two weeks and one day ago. I wish that I could bottle up some of this water and send it back to my family. It struck me as kind of ironic last night as I was praying. I thanked Heavenly Father for all the moisture we have been recieving. Now I don't think it was bad to do that, but I bet people don't have to pray for rain here like we did back home. Anyway. These have just been some of my thoughts during these past few wet days. I do appreciate the rain, and I think it is really beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think that I you could find a way of sending all the moisture down here you could be like the smartest person in the world and win some kind of Pulitzer Peace Prize!! Sorry about the humidity it sounds like you never really get any relief from it...must me awful...you should move back to St.George! Maybe all the rain would fallow you if you did!! -Caralee-o
I think that I you could find a way of sending all the moisture down here you could be like the smartest person in the world and win some kind of Pulitzer Peace Prize!! Sorry about the humidity it sounds like you never really get any relief from it...must me awful...you should move back to St.George! Maybe all the rain would fallow you if you did!! -Caralee-o
Post a Comment