Tuesday, August 28, 2007
It seems like every day when I pray, I ask Heavenly Father to keep my family safe. I know I am not supposed to pray for the same things every day, but I don't feel like I am just saying some memorized prayer every day. I feel like I am praying for something I sincerely need help with. I pray every day for David to come home safely from school. I pray for Gracie and Sammy and I to be safe where ever we may be. And I am so very glad that I do after an afternoon like today. I am still in freak out mode! If any of you don't know what that is, it is where your heart is pounding and your eyes are crying and your adrenaline is rushing and your hands are shaking. Wow... it seems like the more I think about it, the worse it gets. Gracie and Sammy and I went to the park today with our playgroup. It is a nice park with lots of playground toys to play with. But it has one really really big drawback... actually two. 1)there is not enough shade (but that is because it is right next to the lake), and 2)it is right next to the lake. If you know Gracie, you have probably guessed right where this is leading. No matter where we go, I have to keep a close eye on Gracie. A lot of moms can just sit and chat and their kids don't wander far. Not me. Gracie loves to explore everything. This time she took another little girl with her. Gracie escaped through a small gate in the fence that was out of my line of vision. Annie followed her and they went up a little hill to an amphitheatre that is right next to a pier. Gracie climbed out onto this little ledge that goes right into the lake. She is not afraid to just jump into the water either. Only this time there would have been nobody to catch her and the water is definitely higher than her head. If we had been one minute slower finding Gracie, it might have been too late. Just thinking about it makes me cry like a baby! When Annie saw what Gracie was doing she started running back to find someone to stop her (I think she is afraid of the water). Thank-you Annie! And thank-you to all of the moms that helped find and protect Annie and Gracie! And I am so very grateful to my Heavenly Father for keeping my little girl safe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my Julie, I am so thankful that Gracie's guardian Angel was watching her closely today!! What a really scary day you had, I am so glad that you were on the ball and ready for trouble. Maybe you should take something with you next time to lock the gate with. I am glad that every one is O.K.! -Caralee
That is a really good idea about the gate, except it was locked open. I tried to shut it after I found it.
Oh my goodness Julie. I am so thankful that little Gracie is okay. Maybe there is someone you can complain to about the gate being locked open. That's not safe at a park where little kids play.
Sorry to hear about your scary experience. I'm so glad that everything turned out okay and Gracie and Annie were safe. Thank heavens for prayers.
Love Aunt Susan
Post a Comment