*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy Birthday My Beautiful Daughter


I love you Gracie. I can't believe you are turning 4!!! My little baby girl is turning 4. How did that happen? I am so so happy that you are my daughter. There are so many things I love about you, but I want today I want to list 4 of them.


1. You have a happy happy spirit. I remember one day when you were 2. You were looking out the window and watching a little boy in the neighbors yard playing in the sprinklers and laughing. You weren't whining and crying to go out, you were just watching him and laughing. I remember crying at that moment because I was blessed with such a happy girl.


2. You have the most contagious laugh ever. I cannot hear your laugh without smiling myself. You love to laugh! You can get Sammy giggling too just by laughing yourself. There is almost nothing sweeter than hearing you and your brother laughing.


3. You have such a fun imagination. You love to play ponies and imagine that you are a pony and that everyone around you is too. You also love to play with your doll. This has become even more fun since your brother Ben was born. If I wrap Ben up in a blanket, you need a blanket for your dolly. If I give Ben a bath in the sink, you need to give your baby a bath in the sink. You are going to be a fun and amazing mother someday.


4. You are growing up to be so amazing! I took you to the store a couple of days ago. We saw a pink princess chapstick and I bought it for you because you loved it. Through out all of our shopping that morning though, it got lost somewhere. I could see how sad you were about it. I saw the tears forming in your eyes and your lip start to tremble. I told you that it would be ok and that maybe you could ask Santa for another one. Slowly a smile spread over your face and you just said, "Ok, that will be good." I cried all the way home after that because I was so proud of you! You are getting so mature. You love to share with your brother and you love to sit next to Ben and take care of him and help him be happy when I am cooking or doing the dishes. You are the biggest helper a mom could ask for. I wish I could tell you to grow up slower! I am not ready for you to get big! You can't wait to be big though. You seriously want to drive a car. Any time you are in the car for a minute without me (like when I am loading groceries or when talking to someone outside the car) you get your car seat and put it in the drivers seat (at least you are trying to be safe I guess). You told us the other day you didn't want to turn 4 on your birthday. You wanted to turn 16. You said "4 is boring boring boring!"


I love you Gracie. You are amazing. Some days I just wish I could freeze time and save these precious moments forever!

10 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

Thats a great video. loved it. Happy Birthday Gracie!

Recovery Guru said...

Happy Birthday Gracie Girl! I can't believe that you are 4 years old! Turning 4 is so fun, you will love being a big 4 year old! Go check you email because I sent something special just for you! Love you big 4 year old! -Aunt Caralee

LeAnn said...

Happy Birthday pretty Gracie girl!!! We sure do miss you! Pensylvania is too far away when it comes to birthdays!!! We hope you have the most wonderful birthday ever! Are you going to have a fun party? Did you get a pony. Have a fun day!

Love you,
Aunt LeAnn, Tolman, Kimball, Eden and Tait

jolyne77 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACIE!!! Isn't it strange when they turn 4? Thats so awesome though Julie. How blessed you are to have 3 beautiful healthy children. I love Gracie's sweetness too...she really does have a sweet spirit.

jolyne77 said...

Oh...and NICE job with the pic/video...REALLY beautiful job...she's such a pretty girl.

Alesha said...

Awe what a sweet tribute to your daughter, I am crying! haha Happy birthday Gracie!

Alice said...

Happy Birthday Gracie! What a cute video--and great pictures. You definitely are talented, Julie.

Carlos said...

Happy Birthday Gracie! She sounds like so much fun! I hope I can meet your cute little family some day!

Carlos said...

Happy Birthday Gracie! You sound like such a fun little girl. I hope I can meet your and your brothers some day :)

MPk said...

Heya Julie...you're sitting on the other end of the couch right now, but I just wanted to say 'happy b-day' to Gracie. You're great!