*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Monday, August 6, 2007

Trouble with a capital T!

I don't know if you can see it in this picture, but Gracie has a look on her face that says. "Hmmm, what trouble can I get in to?" She is the funniest little girl! She is talking more and more and says the funniest things. About a week ago I was trying to distract her from something she was doing that I didn't want her to (I can't remember what it was). I asked her if she had a bug in her ear. She looked at my like, "What are you talking about mom... you are totally crazy." But I wiggled my fingers next to her ear and made a funny sound. Now every day she asks me, "Bug in my ear? Bug in my hair? Bug in my nose? Bug in my ahhhh (which means mouth)? Bug in my bed?" But it doesn't worry her that there are bugs in all of these places. In fact I think she likes them there. On Saturday we went to a picnic for David's school and as Gracie was walking around a grasshopper jumped on her head. David pulled it off and let it walk on Gracie's hand. She just whispered, "a bug" and looked at it.
She has started saying, "Thank you mama" when I help her with things and it makes me feel so happy just to be her mom. Even when she steels my keys. It was Friday and I needed to go pick David up from school. I was already kind of having a bad day, and I couldn't find my keys anywhere. I remembered putting them on my desk after I dropped David off at school. I even made a mental note that that was where I was putting my keys, "Okay Julie, the keys are on the desk when you are ready to leave again..." But when I went to find them they were gone. I looked all over the house wondering if I had picked them up and moved them. I asked Gracie if she knew where they were, and she walked all around the house calling, "Keys? Keys?" like they would just jump out and say, "here I am!" In my head I kept thinking, I bet Gracie took them and burried them in the dirt in the back yard. Finally in desperation I went out and looked. Guess what. They were burried in the dirt in the back yard. I am also missing a bottle of baby tylenol. I wonder if it is out there too. Next time something else goes missing, I know the first place I am going to look.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Recovery Guru said...

Oh my how I miss my sweet little niece!!! I can just imagine her face when David but the bug on her arm....I hope she said my favorite word...wow! What a funny little girl to bury the keys I guess she just wanted you to her self for a little longer!! miss you....kiss Sammy and Gracie for me!! -Caralee

Emily said...

She is a stunning little lady! I can't believe how big she is. All I remember is a bald (and beautiful) little baby!