
We made caramel apples for our family home evening treat on Monday. Actually there is kind of a funny story behind that (although I didn't think it was funny at the time). I took Gracie and Sammy to the grocery store on Friday. Gracie really is getting to big to ride in the cart, but she isn't big enough to listen and stay by my side very well. Anyway, I told her if she would stay right by me she could walk. She was following me (sort of). She picked up all the bell peppers and smelled them, and she had to touch a lot of things (sorry to the people in the store...). She was right next to me, and I turned to pick up some dried cranberries for a salad I was making. Gracie picked up an apple from the display right next to me and took a great big bite! And of course it wasn't from an apple you can buy by the pound. Nooooo, it was an apple that you had to buy by the BOX! So I had to buy a whole box of apples. It was sooooo tempting to just put the apple back and pretend nothing had happened. But I didn't. So I had to think of something to do with apples. We made caramel apples on Monday, and I think I am going to make apple crisp tonight. If anyone wants some, bring some vanilla icecream and come on over.

4 comments:
I want some that sounds so good! How about I bring over the extra homemade ice cream and we can have a party! I will be over at around six -k-. -Caralee
lol...Poor Julie. Don't you just love the innocence of little kids?
Good job Julie. Way to CTR! The apples look delish.
I love the spikey look from the choco chips! Here's another shopping story my sister told me about. It's from a mom of 6...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130144061675&ru=http%25
Post a Comment