*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Monte Cristo Sandwich Anyone?


We went to our friends Matt and Lisa's house for dinner last night. Matt is the only other first year medical student in our ward. Lisa made Monte Cristo sandwichs for dinner, and I thought they were going to be...well interesting at best, because the recipe is kind of strange! But they were really good!!! Lisa makes some kind of sandwich once a week for dinner, and I think it is a tradition that I am about to start. Anyway, I found a recipe online that is similar to what we had last night. Try it, you will love it!

Monte Cristo Sandwich
8 slices of bread
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp. salt
pinch pepper
4 slices of turkey (ours didn't have this and were still delicious)
4 slices of ham
4 slices of swiss cheese
butter and olive oil for frying
powdered sugar
raspberry preserves

Make sandwiches with bread, meats and cheese. Mix eggs, milk salt and pepper together (just like for french toast). Heat frying pan or griddle. Melt 1/4-ish cup of butter on griddle and add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. When hot, dip sandwiches in egg mixture and cook until both sides are golden and cheese is melted inside. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with jam on the side for dipping. Yummy!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

test