*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm having a baby!

Ok, not right this second, but I am having a baby! We have an induction date! Yay! I am being induced on Thursday at 6:30 am. Oh wonderful wonderful doctors! I promise not to curse you ever again (at least not until the baby is out!). So that is the good news. The not as great news (but still good I guess) is, yes this baby is BIG! The ultrasound today puts him/her at about 9 pounds. *sigh* I just keep telling myself that big is beautiful and healthy and strong. It just feels so big and uncomfortable to me!! We got to see all this baby's chub and fat on the ultrasound today. It is one big chubby baby! They gave us a picture of his/her face, but it really isn't a great picture because the baby refused to move its hand out from in front of its face. Other good news: I am dilated to a 4!!!! The doctor said he didn't know if I would even make it to Thursday. I am hoping for tomorrow night (after my mom gets into town!). I was never dialated with either of my other kids so much before I was actually in labor! That is a good sign right?! Oh yeah, and you know how they told me I was measuring big last week? I am back to measuring normal again. Go figure. I think the baby may have moved (a little bit... it is still hanging out on the right side) and dropped a little. But the end is in sight!!! I am so so grateful! I am so excited to meet our little pumpkin!

A FEW HOURS LATER.

Just kidding... I am really disgusted at doctors now. Curse you all!!!! My doctors office just called me and the doctor who is on call on Thursday doesn't do inductions for big babies. Seriously, if I was the swearing type there would be some words that aren't very nice coming out of my mouth right now. So now my options are to be induced tomorrow (which my mother won't make it here in time for) or next Tuesday. I am going to cross my fingers that I go into labor naturally and wait until next week, but I am NOT happy about it!!! So we are going to get out and do as much stuff as we can and see what we can do to make this baby come. We are going to ZooBoo tomorrow night, Port Farm on Wednesday morning, the park Wed. afternoon and if nothing has happened before then we will plan some more things to do. We are going to jump over every crack, eat spicy foods, go on bumpy car rides, eat a dozen doughnuts (does anyone have any castor oil?) and all of those other old wives tales that have been touted through the ages as inducing labor.

22 comments:

Carlos said...

I'm sorry. Keep us posted on what happens!

Recovery Guru said...

Oh Sister! I will say a few swear words for you at those !@#$ !#$%^ !@##$% doctors! I really hope that this baby can come soon.....wait until mom get there at least k! I will be praying for you! Hang in there!

Recovery Guru said...

......did you say doughnuts!?!? Can I have one?

Anonymous said...

Doughnuts? Never heard of that one. How frustrating. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the baby comes on it's own, after you mom gets into town.

Cynthia said...

Yes, I hope you go into labor on your own too, much better that way... What is(was?) your due date? Good luck!! We love you!!

Kelli said...

I hope that you're holding your sweet one soon! Hang in there, you're almost done!

Tara and David said...

Jumping on a tramp worked for me. The hospital sent me home the next morning I jumped on my neighbors tramp, that night the baby was born! Good luck! Hang in there!

The Brown Family said...

Yahoo and Boo! I'm sorry they changed things for you. I've been thinking about you all weekend wondering what was going on. I hope everything gets a move on.
Let us know if you need anything!

Alice said...

Bummer. A 4 though... it has to come soon! Just don't hurt yourself trying to get him/her out--even though we're all dying to know the gender... :D

The Johnson Family said...

I hope something works for you. You will have to let me know which dr. is against induction for a big baby. I also have really big babies and I also want to be induced, so I need to know who my best chance is with.

Julie said...

We will talk Brook. I will give you and Cicely (and anyone else who wants to know) the skinny on which doctor you want to try and see. ;)

Alesha said...

I am so excited! I read this post and went a told my mom "Im excited to see what my friend in Pa is having" I cant wait!

Sarah Keith said...

Oh my goodness, Julie!!! Are you ok?!? We are praying that your baby comes ASAP - that is crazy! At least you get to have a natural birth...just don't let your baby squish Asher when we come and visit!

Jennie said...

Oh, that is so sad! I was told with my last one they were going to induce me on my due date and then told me if I was I'd end up in a c-section. So 8 days later I go in to be induced and find out, oh hey your baby is breach. We'll have to give you a c-section anyway. NOT HAPPY!!! Hopefully you just don't end up in a c-section! GOOD LUCK!!

Sarah said...

I am sorry the doctor's office teased you like that. It's pretty cruel when you're dying to get that baby out! I hope everything goes well for you.

Haven said...

I really don't like it when doctors do things like that. ie- I was in labor with A and the nurse checked and said I was an 8 (YAY!!!), then the doctor comes in and says, "Nope! You're a 5. You've still got a ways to go!" All cheerful and whatnot. I about throttled him.

Hang in there! This baby is almost here! YAY!!!

Carlos said...

Yes! I do HATE the waiting part...because with about eveything else you wait for in life, you know how long you have to wait....this is just cruel. So far lots of Braxton Hicks (for like a month) but nothing. Keep me posted on your's and I'll keep you posted on mine :)

Becky said...

Julie, I can so relate with you on both aspects... the doctors changing dates and trying to come on your own... I'm at the EXACT same place right now... I'm trying to dialate enough that they'll break my water tomorrow... but if I'm not, then I have to have a c-section on Monday. I'm going to try everything you listed as well as a hay ride at the corn maze we're going to tonight ;) We all can't wait to find out what your baby's gender is... you and yours are in our prayers!

Heather B said...

Wow- First I'm all excited for you, then I'm totally bummed. WHY won't they induce a big baby early? HELLO! Makes no sense.

Well, I should have told you this sooner, but when I was dying to get Kalia out, my friend's mom told me that her doctor had her do nipple stimulation...and it put her into labor. I had tried everything else, so I read up on it, gave it a try, and didn't have the patience...so I got out my electric breastpump and I PUMPED for 15 minutes on each side, several times. I got out a little colostrum, nothing to worry about, and it didn't hurt that bad (I adjusted it so it didn't hurt very much) and guess what...labor started for me within 36 hours!!

Do you have a pump I hope? Cause I think you should try it. If not, do it by hand, and be patient. (And by the way, it's supposed to bring on contractions, and you're supposed to stop every time there's a contraction, then start again.)

GOOD LUCK and KEEP US POSTED!

Robin Keith said...

Your mom is there...4..my gosh you should be done now...ugh. So sad. Get out there and jog, run after those kids. Man, I love these pics they are adorable. Bringing CD's for my collection...

Cicely said...

Ahhh!!!!! No way! Who won't do it? Townsend. We need to talk. I'm so sorry. How awful!

Call me!

Jessica and Colby said...

Don't take the caster oil. I know a couple of people who ended up hurting their babies by taking it but I have heard the act of procreation can cause labor...you might want to give it a try.