*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Thursday, October 23, 2008

In the Hospital

This is what happens when you let your husband write on your blog and take your pictures while you are in labor in the hospital. He writes what he wants on your blog. So, reporting live from Labor and Delivery, Room 3, I'm giving a play by play of the delivery of the new baby.

We left the house about 10, and Julie Kissed the kids goodbye.

So we arrived at the hospital and a somewhat skeptical doctor checked Julie, and she's at a 4, with no major change and was warned, well, you may need a C section and nothing may happen either. But a few hours later, we're moving right along.

After a while, Julie got bored. Literally, she just has these moments where she looks at you and says, "I'm bored". It's just like Gracie. It's cute, don't get me wrong. So, the intrepid husband went down to the gift shop to see what he could find. Crossword puzzles, electronic seduko and Dora. Nope. So I moved on and walked 6 blocks south to a dollar general and find a something to play with. I came back with a deck of face cards, a box of dominoes and a pad of paper. No go. Well, I tried. I have peds test in the morning, so I'm a mix between worried husband and worried student. The kids are in good hands and Julie is moving right along.

So after her boredness and the return of the intrepid husband. she wanted to try a birthing ball, someone else she blogs with has one and she was willing to try it.


So, she's sitting on a birthing ball and liking it. She is able to get another position of comfort and relax a little. The Pitocin is getting her moving right along. Nothing happening yet, otherwise.

Mom decided to do something sweet for Julie and painted her toenails. I, the intrepid husband am not allowed to paint Julie's toenails, as my skills on the toenail as a canvas is sorely lacking. Mom's a pro.

We'll keep you posted. Reporting live, this is the intrepid husband, David.


NEW UPDATE! She was just measured as a 9! So we're moving right along! I hope you're all getting ready! More to come!

3 comments:

Recovery Guru said...

O.k so this is for who ever is doing update. Sydney made off with my phone and I can't find it! So please please please update on the blog as soon as that baby comes so I am not the only one that is out of the loop....please! -Caralee

Julie Kohler said...

WAHOOO!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!! So sorry I have been non-existent in the blogging lately, I'm sure you can understand why! Oh, Julie! I really am so happy for you, not only to not be prego anymore, but mostly that you get to meet this sweet Keith baby very soon!! Way to go on the intrepid husband updates, laptops can really make the time pass in the hospital, let me tell you! Keep 'em coming! My thoughts and prayers are with you, and don't let them do a c-section unless they REALLY have to, not just because the lousy Dr. is impatient. I'll come and bust out some post-partum hormonal anger at them for you! Love you guys, and keep the blog updated!

Haven said...

I'm all for the birthing balls. I used out exercise ball we had at home as our hospital couldn't find theirs. Highly recommend it if you're wanting to try something different.