*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Sunday, June 8, 2008

Zion

We spent a couple of days at Zion Park while we were gone on vacation. It was really beautiful there. We hiked up to weeping rock (I don't know if you can see it in this picture, but there is water falling of the rock) the first day, with the kids. Can I just say it was a disaster. We picked the shortest hike (half mile round trip) because we knew it would be hard for Sammy otherwise, but it really was awful. Sammy wanted to walk on his own, and didn't want to hold anyone's hand. Not possible with cliffs off to the side of the trail. He freaked out if you held him or if you tried to hold his hand. David's parents went with us and can I just say how glad I am that they didn't really want to hike very long!!! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa! We did find out one interesting fact though. The water that falls from weeping rock is absorbed into the mountain and takes 1200 years to "weep" out at weeping rock.
We saw a couple of deer off the side of the trail. They just sat there enjoying some lunch and weren't bothered a bit by all of the people hiking around.

David surprised me by taking me back to Zion the next day for a "second honey-moon." We went to Zion almost 7 years ago. David got us the "angels landing" room at the Zion Park Inn (the room wasn't as romantic as the name sounds). We ate at the same place that ate at on our honey moon and visited some of the same little shops. Isn't my hunny handsome. I love his dimples!

We didn't get any pictures of the canyon on our second trip up... honestly we didn't spend a whole lot of time outside of our room ;) Thanks sweetheart for being so wonderful. I love you David!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

honestly Julie did we need to know that. I totally did not. Try to keep your blog G rated please