*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Monday, June 30, 2008

Singin' in the rain!

So finally a day when everyone was feeling well enough to go out and get some serious playing done and what happens. Yep. Rain. Pouring Rain. But we decided not to let that ruin our fun. When life hands you lemons... make lemonade! Right! So we went out and danced and sang in the rain. Gene Kelly would be so proud!

David didn't want to come out at first (he had to head back to school just a few minutes later), but we (actually Gracie) finally convinced (begged) him to join in the fun.

Gracie looking all shiny and wet and so happy!

Sammy wasn't sure about it, and really wanted me to hold him while we played.

Gracie splashing in the puddles!

Sammy and Mommy getting absolutely drenched!

All done!We relinquished the umbrella to David so he could use it at school and since Sammy was all done anyway, we went inside and made warm cocoa (not quite cold enough for hot although Sammy was shivering) and chocolate no bake cookies... any guesses what this pregnant lady is craving? We had a very fun morning!

12 comments:

Alesha said...

That is really fun, and you got some great pictures! Koen kept saying he wanted to go outside all morning, I should have done as you did!

Recovery Guru said...

Cute pictures, I love the one with all of you under the umbrella, and the one of Sammy soaked! Send some of that rain our way we really need it!

Cicely said...

That looks like so much fun!!! I'm jealous!

Heather B said...

Way to play and have a wonderful time in the rain! So, I am just getting caught up on your blog, and WOW you were soooo sick! I'm so sorry! What is it with pregnancy making your immune system so much worse? I was sick in bed for almost 3 weeks with a sinus infection, usually it's only a few days in bed, ya know! Anyway, I am so glad you got an antibiotic and are feeling better!!! Cute belly too!

Julie Kohler said...

I am so glad you are finally feeling better!! There is nothing worse than being so very sick when you are pregnant and have other kids to take care of! I love your cute pictures in the rain, how fun! That's what we need around here, a little sprinkle to cool things off a bit! BTW, your hair is SO CUTE in your belly pictures!!!! You are a darling prego lady!!

The Johnson Family said...

That looks like it was a ton of fun. What a good mom. I only go out when absolutely necessary in the pouring rain...like running from car to store to car.

Recovery Guru said...

Hey sister I put 4th of July papers on photobucket if you are feeling patriotic. -Caralee

Nick and Deanne said...

What a fun mom! I need to be more like you. I'm glad you're feeling better. I didn't realize you were so sick!

Cynthia said...

I'm glad you're feeling well enough to play in the rain, looks like so much fun! PS I tagged you on my blog

Carlos said...

That looks like so much fun! And your belly is way cute! I'm glad you're feeling better! Totally sucks to be sick, even more when your prego....

Jen said...

How Beautiful is the green grass and the Rain! And it just floods happy memories to hear you talk about Singin' in the Rain! Oh what a beautiful and happy family you have!

Karen Dick said...

I wish I could have been singin in the rain with you! It looks like you had a great time. And you are gorgeous in your prego pictures. Thanks for inviting me to your blog. I'll be back soon!