Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Sickening!
Can I just say that I am sick of being sick. I don't think I am getting any better!!! I spent the day today, trying to find someone who would give me medicine today, crying because no one would give me medicine today, or crying because I couldn't take care of myself and my kids. I am positive that I have a sinus infection, one that won't go away. I know I need an antibiotic. Who do you call when you are pregnant and sick. Your OB of course. Except that OB's here will not take care of any problem that doesn't pertain to being pregnant. Isn't my face pregnant too? And wouldn't an OB know what is safe to give to someone who is pregnant better than a primary care physician who doesn't handle any obstetrics? So fine. I called my primary care physician. I have never met my PCP. I am rarely sick, and when I am it is even more rare that I need to go to the doctor for it. The last time I went to the doctor for something unrelated to being pregnant or being a girl was 9 years ago during my senior year of high school. Anyway, so I called the doctor that my insurance company randomly selected for me (since that is who is named on my insurance card) and she no longer works at that office and that office is not accepting patients right now. So I called the insurance company, switched PCP's to the doctor that my children and husband go see. Can't get an appointment today. By now I have balled on the phone to anyone who will listen to me (including calling my OB again, who by the way I don't think will be my OB much longer). I have been told to try urgent care (who we found out doesn't accept our insurance) and have pretty much just been shut down at every turn. Did I mention that I don't remember the last time I have felt this sick (including all aspects of pregnancy exluding only labor). I have a fever, I am nauseated, my face is absolutely aching, my head is pounding, and I can feel each tooth in my mouth throbbing individually, and no freaking doctor will help me!!! I have no sense of smell left either, which you know is really not to big a deal except that now Sammy has a sore bottom because I didn't know he was stinky because I couldn't smell it (I never realized how much I rely on that sense). I feel like such a horrible mother. My kids and I just sat around the house today and watched movies and read books. I haven't taken my kids out anywhere fun for days. And still they love me so much. Gracie came up to me while I was crying today and just hugged and hugged and kissed me. She said to me in her sweet voice, "Are you ok mom?" Sammy walks up to me and hugs me for no reason. I was finally able to teach him a few days ago how to kiss without his mouth being wide open. He comes up to me making an "Mmmmmmm" sound and I know he wants to kiss me. I think they can both tell that I am not feeling well. What great kids I have. Anyway, David finally called a Dr. friend of his (incidentally the same PCP that we take our kids to and a teacher at his school). He told him that he knew I was really hurting because I don't ever cry from pain like that (could it be just the pregnancy emotions... I don't actually know) and was trying to see if he knew anyone I could go see. Dr. O. became my own personal angel of mercy. I still have an appointment to go see him tomorrow morning, but he has prescribed me an antibiotic today!!! Just the thought of finally getting some relief brings tears to my eyes again! So anyway, if you have actually read all of this 1. you deserve a gold star, and 2. thanks for letting me rant and complain. I think I just heard David drive up with my medicine. Thanks David for taking such good care of me. I wouldn't make it without you!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I read it all! I feel so sorry for you and I'm scared that I will be in the same position as you are in very soon. I think I need to write my Dr. a Thank You note. Whenever I feel something coming on he sees me right away or calls on something. Do you know of a better OB. If you do, let me know. Feel better.
OH MY HECK!! I am so sorry that you are so sick. I can not believe no one would get you in for an appnt (especially after crying to them). Those people obviously have no heart. I hope you get feeling better soon.
Brook
I am so so sorry that my daughter got you and your family so sick! I wish I was there to take care of you and you kids! I really hope that the antibiotic works for you and that you will start to feel better soon! Love you!
why didn't David jump on this sooner? He works in a frickin medical institution!!!! Tell him
grandma keith upset. Not a new deal at all! Hope you get better today!
I also read the whole thing. I have been this sick...from a breast infection...oh my, don't get that. It is uggggllly. Get the RS to come and take your kids for three hours so you can sleep it off. Wish I was there too. Heads would have rolled.
love, mom
Oh, I'm so sorry! I hate it when you get sick when you're pregnant, it's always worse that it would've been not-pregnant. But there was one time, I was so sick one day (I was non-pregnant) But I couldn't even get off the couch, but I had to to feed my kids and put them down for a nap, it was not a very fun couple of days, I hope you are feeling better soon!
Post a Comment