*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Friday, June 20, 2008

Bar-B-Q with friends

Sorry I haven't blogged for awhile. I haven't been feeling so hot. Gracie and I both have what Sammy had. I think Sammy is feeling better though so that is a plus. So sorry (Julie) that it has taken me awhile to put these up. I have been thinking about it for awhile now. Anyway, while we were in St. George we had a really fun Barbeque with some friends from college. It was actually kind of funny to see the changes that have happened in our lives since then. We used to stay up and party til dawn (or almost anyway). Not anymore. We now have kids that need to be put to bed and us that needs to be put to bed... We used to go do things on a whim. Not anymore. Now diaper bags need to be packed complete with diapers, wipes, snacks, a change of clothing, sippy cups, toys, and anything else you may need in an emergency... We used to wear cute little outfits that made us feel pretty and skinny. Not anymore. Now we have places that hang and pudge a lot more than they used to (at least I do) I think you get it... But when I look at all of the great blessings that we have received, it hardly feels like we gave anything up. When you see your children playing, when you hear their joyful laughter it really is all worth it. I don't think we got pictures of everyone that was there, but here are some of the pictures we did get.


No children were harmed in taking these pictures... At least I think Tolman sitting on top of Logan and choking him was all in fun... He didn't have finger prints around his neck afterward did he Brittany?

Eden was sitting right there watching it all. You would think that growing up with only brothers she would be used to it, but she looks a little concerned...


My cute friends Julie with her cute little Maddi looking up at something in the tree... Is it a bird? A plane? Superman?

All of the adults (except Reeve, sorry bro, didn't mean for you to get left out, I think you were off fulfilling your responcibilities as a great dad). And sorry girls... I chopped our legs and bums off in this picture. I couldn't face having my big fat thighs on the internet. But anyway, we really did have a fun time. It was really fun to see all of you! I can't wait until next time!!!


5 comments:

Robin Keith said...

funny how priorities change on a daily basis. I also do not care for a cute outfit, or carry a diaperbag any more but going to bed often is a great idea. I used to fight nap time as a child, and now I take one anytime I can! Went to Jared Gough's funeral today...his little son who was to be born in Oct. had to be delivered. He had an obstruction and had lost his kidneys due to the obstruction. he lived two whole hours. It was sweet. the casket was the size of a bread box...no kidding. Any way, it was a sweet moment.

frontones said...

Looks like you guys are having a great summer! Congrats, btw, on number three! We are really falling behind! ha ha
I hope you all are over the sickness. Audrey had the same thing two weeks ago -- no fun and not much you can do but rest and wait for it to pass.
We need to find a way to meet up this summer....!! Take care!

Cynthia said...

I'm glad you guys got to go to St. George and have such a fun time with friends. But yeah, it is kind of funny to compare where I was 7 years ago...

em said...

I'm so happy we are all having babies around the same time. Yes, this is an annoucement. I'm due in feb.

Haven said...

Looks like you guys had a great time while you were visiting. You pg gals are looking fabulous!