Today is a happy day. The baby was taken off Oxygen in the isolette this morning at 1 am. I was too tired to notice when I fed him. I missed one feeding because I slept through the nurses calling me on my phone I'd turned off. I was 20 feet from my son, but I slept... I felt awful. Julie still hasn't forgiven me. We've tried to be at every feeding. We know our awesome nurses would do it, and they've offered multiple times, but he is our son and we want to support and love him. This morning, one of the nurses asked if we could adopt her, and we be her parents because we come and take care of our baby. It was very sweet.
After he was out of Oxygen in the isolette, he had several tests he had to pass. (This is one of those top teir nurseries, lots of tests, only the smart babies come here) First, he had to eat without desaturating (his oxygen level dropping to dangerously low levels)--and that went fine. Next they "cold stressed" him, taking him out of the isolette, leaving him in a normal baby crib, and he did great with that too. Now the Duke is chillin' with the other babies and making friends. He's still being monitored for heart rate, respirations and oxygen saturations. When they see him in the morning, they can take him off that too. Here is a handsome picture of the Duke now!
7 comments:
That is really good news! Awesome that he is out of the isolette and that he passed his cold stress test. He is so smart! Love you!
Yay Baby Duke! We knew you could do it! We are so proud of you! Keep gettig better! We love you guys!
Love the Knightons
SO CUTE!! He looks so much happier and more peaceful. Hopefully the worst is behind him!
Yeah for the duke! Happy day for sure!
What a handsome guy! I'm so glad you guys have him home now. What a blessing, I added my prayers to the many others as soon as I found out. Don't let him forget he's got a girlfriend in Utah who will be debuting soon.
Julie congrats on your new addition! I am glad things are looking up for him! Well keep ya in our prayers, he is sure a cutie!
I know a little bit what you're feeling, since my son was in the hospital for a few days with a fever when he was 10 days old, and they messed up his tests too. We never did find out what was wrong. It was so frustrating but it was a special sweet experience with him. Now he is a bounding 15 month old!
You have a beautiful newborn there, and I'm glad to hear he's improving! Enjoy conference weekend with your good looking and numberous family!
Post a Comment