*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Sandbox

Cement mixing container from Home Depot: $12.97

Measuring cups/spoons and sand toys on clearance: $4.50

Three fifty pound bags of play sand: $2.50 each

Seeing Sammy's cute dimples and smile while he played in our new sandbox: PRICELESS!
I knew we would need something fun today today while Gracie was away at school. Sammy is usually attached to Gracie at the hip. He wants to do everything she does. So we decided we would make ourselves a little sandbox today while she was at school. We spent the morning getting the supplies, and can I just say how awesome Home Depot is! They have the friendliest people working there and are extremely helpful. One lady that worked there almost wouldn't even let me push my shopping cart once she loaded the 150 pounds of sand onto it. It was actually still really easy to push so I was able to manage it. I waited until David got home from his lunch meeting to help me unload the sand so Benson was actually taking a nap and didn't get to play in our sandbox until after Gracie got home from school, but they all had a blast! And they were all covered with sand! And so is my kitchen floor, but honestly, I think it is worth it... for now. :) I am glad that they love it!

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

What cute pictures, and what a good idea making that little sandbox for your kids! Those are such cute pictures of Sammy! I'm glad that he loves the sandbox! You are such a fun mom!

Shonna said...

How fun! Blake had a sandbox growing up and still tells me how much fun that was--his favorite thing to do for play time. Sammy may think the same thing. ;)