*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Sunday, September 5, 2010

Random Stuff

Everyone in my house was down for quiet time. David and I really needed a nap (David because he is working tonight and me because I am in that last month of pregnancy where I can't sleep and can't get comfortable and am basically tired all the time). So we put Benson down for a nap and let the other kids watch "The Prince of Egypt" (Gracie learned about the 10 commandments in primary today and Moses came to visit so I thought it was a good movie to help her remember what she had learned). But true to my pregnacy induced insomnia self I couldn't take a nap no matter how much my body hurt or how tired I was so here I am blogging. Just some random things and thoughts...

I had some things I needed to get done on Friday afternoon so while Gracie was at school and Benson took a nap I turned on "The Land Before Time" on Netflix for Sammy. He really didn't want to watch it. Actually what he really wanted was to watch Diego or Dora or Backyardigains or something. But I needed a little more time than that so I picked the Land Before Time. I remember watching it as a kid. You can see by his face he was not very excited about it when I started it. But by the time Littlefoot hatches this is what his face looked like.

That little dinosaur won him over.
More randomness... I made trail mix yesterday for a car trip we went on. My kids picked out all of the M&M's (of course) so when I got home I added some butterscotch chips to it because David loves butterschotch chips. I HATE butterscotch chips. I just think they are too sweet. But they actually tasted good with the salty cashews. Don't tell David I admitted that they taste good.
Speaking of David. He worked at a dunk tank recently to benefit the American Heart Association. The kids had an AWESOME time dunking their dad. People kept coming by and paying for them to do it again because they were so cute and funny.

We had our first cool day in a LONG time yesterday. It was beautiful! I think the high was 69 or something. I mentioned to David that we had all of the stuff for potato corn chowder and he wanted me to make it. I don't like soup in the summer so I didn't really want to make it, but if I don't make it today he is going to want it tomorrow and it is supposed to start getting hot again tomorrow... so I guess today it is.

I thought this was funny. I mentioned before that it was cooler yesterday. Well yesterday evening the boys decided they needed to play in the sandbox, but they were cold. So they pulled the tarp that we use to cover the sandbox over themselves to keep warm. When I looked out at them all I saw was this big blue moving blob where my children were supposed to be.

Hmmm.... oh yeah, we finished reading "Mocking Jay" (you were right Mary) yesterday on our car trip. David and I like to read books together and this was our latest. Still trying to figure out what I think of it. At the last minute, right before it happened, David and I figured out what the ending was going to be. Then I balled throught the whole epilogue, even though I was reading it out loud to David while we were driving in the car. I felt kind of silly, but I couldn't help myself. I think David laughed at me.
I guess that is it. I have more random pictures to post, but the kids are running around and getting into trouble and Sammy wants cookies. I want cookies too, but he had a wet pull up at church today :( and we told him we would make cookies if he kept his pull up dry. Guess we will have to make cookies tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Lol I like the part about the land before time. The looks on Sammys face is priceless. Your such a cute momma and your kids are uber cute. Cant wait till thanksgiving!!!!

Mary Ann said...

Don't you mean Mockingjay? I thought you already read Catching Fire. You are such a good mom! Sorry you didn't get to take your nap! I think that is so funny that your boys pulled the tarp over their heads so they could be warm and still play in the sand box!