*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Friday, September 10, 2010

Pregnancy and Prayers

This is truly how it feels to be in the last month of pregnancy. I am lucky to make it out of my pj's in the mornings. Although for the past few days I have been making a bigger effort so that I can go out for a walk, you know trying to get some dilating going on (I was only a "good 1" on Wednesday). So if I am glowing it is because I am sweating! The cooler weather has been AMAZING! My kids are freezing though, and I just don't know how warm to dress them because I can't tell how cool it is. I have been praying that this pregnancy can be over soon and that our sweet baby boy will come join our family soon (SOON being the main part). Is that a bad thing to pray for? I have mixed emotions about it because I know Heavenly Father knows best for my baby. I have a specific date in my mind that I want this little fellah to come on (I know it is kind of silly to plan what day you are going into labor, but there it is). Sometimes when I pray, I don't know that my prayers are getting past the ceiling. I know Heavenly Father listens, but sometimes I wonder if my prayers are sincere enough, or if I am praying for the wrong things or something. I know this is one of Satan's tools to make me doubt myself and my prayers. I was out for a walk today though. We walked over to a park that isn't too far from our house. Imagine a 9 month pregnant lady pushing a bulky double stroller (not the easier jogging kind) with 75 pounds of kids in it... up hill both ways of course. I feel kind of silly and know that I get lots of pittying looks. There is this one street next to the hospital on our walk that is pretty busy and has no sidewalk. On the way to the park the traffic isn't as bad. Most of the traffic is going the same direction as I am on the other side of the street. Even still there was one close call with a big truck at a corner with lots of bushes that made us hard to see. But on the way back the traffic is 10 times heavier. I decided to walk on the side of the street that is slower even though I couldn't see the traffic coming towards us that way (except when I looked behind me). I said a quick prayer in my head and heart that we would be safe and protected. And something amazing happened. Not a single car came down that road until we reached the part of the road that had some driveways for us to pull into while the cars passed us. And it is a pretty long stretch of road for someone who can't push a stroller all that fast (this really was one of the up hill parts). I know it is something pretty small and insignificant, but it was an answer to my prayer. Heavenly Father is listening... to me. He is listening to my prayers all the time. He may not always say yes, but He is listening. What a blessing it is to know that He loves each of His children that much. So when I feel overwhelmed with the job of raising children, or lonely because David worked nights for the last two weeks (so glad to see the back end of that by the way), or when we ask daily for physical protection and the Spirit to be with us... He knows and is listening and helping. I am so thankful!

5 comments:

Heather B said...

Thanks for this (testimony) post. I liked it. And always need it. Good luck in the final stretch! Have David rub your right foot (top, right/ankle side area) that's the acupressure point! Samuel once rubbed my feet really hard in the last trimester, and contractions started every 3 minutes for an hour. Then they stopped. But imagine if the foot rub kept going!!!

Tyler, Janna, Lily, and Niki said...

When I feel like my prayers aren't getting through, I eventually realize it's really my fault, not his. Sometimes the answer isn't what you're asking for. Maybe I need to pray less often for what I want and more often to understand and desire for what He wants. Then it would always work!

Mary Ann said...

Oh Julio! I just love you and think you are so amazing! It is so awesome to know that our prayers are being heard and answered! I really hope you can have your baby on your special day you have in mind! It is coming up! That cute little baby boy is so lucky to have you as a mom!

Sarah Keith said...

Way to see God in the little things--that is sooo important. I love you so much. I totally know what you are saying. Can't wait to talk more Monday, then Tuesday your parents come, then the rest is in the Lord's hands!

Cicely said...

Love this post. I miss you Julie!