*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

Gracie had her first day of Kindergarten today. As a mom, I was filled with all of those normal mixed up mom emotions. Excited for her to start this new stage of life, worried and scared that kids might not be friendly, she might get scared, she might get lost, she might not have any friends... I can keep going... I should have know she would have a great time though. We cut out this giant "K" so we would always remember in years to come that this is her Kindergarten picture (thanks for the idea Jamie). I cried all the way home after she left. I thought Sammy would be pretty sad too, but he didn't really talk a lot about it.

Gracie climbed up on the bus, stopped at the very first seat, pushed her way between the two kids sitting on it, talked to them for a minute, and sat right down. What a brave, friendly girl. I just love her.

Here she is getting off the bus after school was over. Her happy little face lit up when she saw me waiting for her to get off the bus. She climbed off, ran to me and said, "It was so fun mom! Way funner than home!" I am happy that she had a good time, even if she did say it was funner than home. I know you will be amazing in Kindergarten Gracie. I love you!

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

That little (or should I say big) Gracie girl is so cute! I'm glad she liked kindergarten! I bet it will be lonely with out her home all day, but it will be nice to spend the extra time with your boys probably! Love you sister!

Shonna said...

So glad Kindergarten was a success.

Recovery Guru said...

She looks so big sister!! I hate the we have missed her growing up! We miss you guys! What a fun idea for the sand box too! I think we might have to try that one!

Sarah Keith said...

She is such a big girl!

Robin Keith said...

Thanks for letting us be there too in pictures...