Thursday, September 6, 2007
Potty Training... blech!
So yeah, potty training is hard! Gracie has been potty training off and on for a couple of months. And she really is doing pretty good. She goes in the potty chair oh... 9 times our of 10, but only if she isn't wearing panties or a pull-up. Actually she seems to think that sitting on the potty without any clothes on at all is best. Here she is running away because I wanted her to wear a shirt while she was sitting on the potty. But as soon as I put panties on her or a pull-up she stops caring. I am not really sure what to do here. If anyone has any great ideas let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Pick your battles sister! Do you want her to be potty trained or do you want her to be dressed? Since both seems to be to hard for Gracie then maybe you should let her run around naked for a little while and when she gets better at the potty thing then you can insist that she wears clothes! She is such a free spirit that maybe she just wants some choice in what she wears, hold out to outfits and let her choose! -Caralee
Oh yeah someone I know wrapped up little dollar store toys and little treats and put them all together and when her daughter went potty she would get to pick a prize and unwrap it! That might be fun!!-Caralee
I like the prizes wrapped and from the dollar store thing... She already wants to pick what she wears. Some of her outfits are quite colorful!
Sounds like she keeps you on your toes!! With Logan I made a week potty chart. We went to Wal-mart and he picked out a toy (Imagenex T-Rex). I got on the internet and found a picture of it. I put it at the end of the week. I told him that if he went on the potty for five days and filled the chart with stars he could have his dinosaur. For each time he went pee he put a star on the chart, when he went poop I let him put two stars. It worked for him good, but he didn't insist on being naked, so unfortuanley(sp) I can't give any suggestions threre. Although your sis has great ideas! Sorry about the novel!!
Julie I'm sorry your having challenges in potty training, oh the joys of being a parent. I remember the days when I had a jar of smarties on the back of the toliet and when they went potty it was time for a smartie.Good luck!! I sure have enjoyed reading your blog.
Love Uncle Danton and Aunt Susan
I don't know what your problem is. Abby is already potty trained! We threw all the diapers out at 8 months! Jk Jk. Maybe I should stick to helping her crawl first! Hahah.
Post a Comment