I had the hardest time getting Sammy to take a nap yesterday. He woke up at 8:00 am (which is pretty late for him) but then I couldn't get him to take a nap ALL day. Actually he probably took two ten minute naps while I was holding him, but as soon as I would try to lay him down he was up and ready to play again. At dinner time, I put him in his high chair and fed him some applesauce. He LOVES applesauce! He had eaten most of the container of baby food when finally it was just too much for him. He seriously fell asleep in between two bites of food... like within 10 seconds! I would have just let him sleep in his chair (because I was afraid of him waking up again), but he ended up face planting on the tray about 1 minute after this picture. David carried him into his bed after that and he actually slept for about 20 minutes. What a funny boy he is!
We also lit a fire in our fireplace for the first time last night. I was cold (David finally told me it was just me who was...but I have been sick) so I asked David to light a fire. Our fire place has a little key that goes to this hole on the side of it. We thought it was to open the flu. David got the fire started and we decided to turn the key in the whole to make sure the flu was open. He turned it and our fire all of a suddenly got about 10 times bigger. We have a gas fireplace and we had no idea!!!! It is an interesting set-up. You actually do have to light the fire because it doesn't have a starter on it, and it is just a pipe that comes out under the fire, but David's fire building skills need honing, so it ended up being pretty useful. It was so fun to see the fire crackling and popping in our own fireplace. David and Gracie roasted marshmallows for smores while Sammy and I cuddled up next to it. I love fall!

1 comment:
What a handsome boy he is!! I hope that you get the nap thing figured out, it is so wonderful when your baby naps!!! Cute new layout!!! -Caralee
Post a Comment