*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Thursday, September 27, 2007

Gracie looked so adorable the other morning that we had to take her picture. Just look at that messy hair! It must have been a rough night!
This is my new kitchen (actually it is in the dinging room right now). I know it doesn't look like much yet, but just wait it will. We went to IKEA last weekend and came home with our pockets significantly lighter, but with lots of great stuff! David put one of the cabinets together last night and it looks GREAT! Good job David! He put together the broom closet which is a great investment for our family (see blog post from Sept. 19th if you have any questions as to why).
This is Sammy's new crib. Gracie slept in a travel crib for her first year of life (when she wasn't sleeping with us). She slept through the night and it worked perfectly! Sammy, on the other hand, hates the travel crib. He slept in a cradle when he was first born when I could stand to be apart from him that long, and since then he has alternately slept in the travel crib for about 20 minutes a couple of times through the night and with us. We got this great new crib and Sammy slept in it 3 nights in a row (not all night, but we are working on that). I put him down for a nap in it yesterday and he actually went to sleep all on his own. *sniff, sniff* my little boy is getting all grown up. Don't tell anyone, but he actually had to sleep on Strawberry shortcake sheets for a night (I didn't have any boy sheets for a crib this size) and it was too late and I was too tired to go get new sheets Monday night. David said after he spread a blue blanket over the sheet he thinks Sammy slept better. Now we have a nice blue boy sheet on it and Sammy loves it!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Emily said...

I don't know if I should be jealous since we don't live close to an IKEA. We would go there far too often! I can't wait to see how your kitchen turns out.

Recovery Guru said...

Yeah for the new crib and new kitchen I am so jealous, I want a new kitchen! I love the pouty look on Gracie face I miss her so much! I hope that the blue sheets work out for you and Sammy!

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one you told about the stawberry shrotcake sheets! You told me I couldn't tell a single soul for as long as I live. So much for that. Oh well. Love you sis