Sunday, September 16, 2007
Bad Dream
So Gracie woke up at about 12:45 this morning with a nightmare. She just stayed there in her bed kind of crying. I went into her room and hugged her and she wrapped her arms around by neck and wouldn't let go. David climbed on the bed near her feet and she was kicking at him and didn't want him there. At the time I though it was because she wanted me and not David. So I sent David to bed and lay down next to her. She would fall asleep and then start kicking her legs and crying again. She did this several times. I figured that she was having the same dream over and over, so I decided to get her up for a minute. We went and got a drink of water and then we went and curled up in her bed again. We both fell asleep (I woke up when Sammy cried during the night). This morning when Gracie woke up she told me, "Leg hurt..." I looked her leg over, but couldn't find any new scrapes or bruises or anything. Then she said "pider" (which means spider) and pointed over to the corner. I am pretty sure she dreamed that a spider bit her leg. I felt so sad! But it was the first time Gracie has been able to tell me about her dreams. It is so amazing to watch her learn to communicate what she is thinking. And she is so curious about everything. She points at letters and pictures in books and says, "What dat?" or "Lookit dat!" Everything is amazing to her. I read recently that adults laugh an average of 11 times a day but kids laugh more than 100 times. It is pretty amazing to be able to see things through her eyes. What a blessing having children is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor Gracie. I feel so bad when kids have nightmares. I hope last night went better for her.
Oh no poor Gracie!!! I heard of something called shadow spray (water and spray bottle) and before bed you spray around the room and repel all the unwanted visitors like monsters or "piders". Maybe something like that will help. Give Gracie a hug for me!!! -Caralee
Post a Comment