Monday, April 21, 2008
My not so private, private life...
So this has been a hard decision for me. I have wavered between going private and staying public for quite a while, and last week I was all geared up and ready to go private. I do have a few reasons for doing this which I have told some of you about, but I also have reasons for staying public. I don't remember where I heard it, but Elder Ballard gave a talk about sharing the gospel through the internet. He even specifically mentioned blogs... I know that my blog doesn't/ hasn't necessarily helped anyone to know that the gospel is true, but he also mentioned putting good things on the internet, and making the internet a tool for good rather than evil. I have stayed public, because I believe that family blogs are a tool for good. They can show the joy that comes from being a parent, raising a family, and living the commandments. So maybe you can see my struggle here... Anyway, like I said, I was all geared up and ready to go private. Then I went on splits with the missionaries last week. We went to see a family that Sister Swain and Sister Cramer are teaching. They are a great family!!! Tom, the father in the family, googled the sister missionaries by name while they were trying to find out more about the church online. And they found my blog. They saw a picture of my family with the sisters. It was just a random entry of an encounter that we had with the sisters, and while I am sure it didn't change this man's life or give him a testimony, still it was something positive out there on the internet about our great missionaries. So, yes, my blog is private for the time being, but I am going to do some housecleaning on it, take off information about where we live, and what our last name is, and then I will be going public again. Thanks for being patient with me and also for reading my ramblings on how I feel about my blog. And thanks for making your blogs such a great tool for good and one of the many positive things about the internet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you are awesome Julie you do set a good example. I love you
mom P.S. only 6 more days hurry
Only 5 days til we see you...you are my favorite daughterinlaw...don't tell.
(you have all the babies right now)
HEH HEH...grandpa can't wait to pick you up. I don't have lessons on Monday or Tuesday next week...
We love you and you are the bomb of a mother...keep loving those kids because they will grow up and make you very proud. love, mom 2
You are such a great person. I totally look up to you.
Post a Comment