So here is a picture of the Sister Missionaries in our ward. Actually Sister Soto (the sister next to me) left our area a couple of weeks ago. She had been in our mission since our family moved here last July. I have gone out with the sisters a few times, and have totally loved it! Gracie calls all of the missionary's Mrs Soto now. I just can't seem to help her figure out that they actually do have their own names. But she absolutely LOVES the missionaries. Sister Swain (on the left end) is so funny. I had this conversation with her a couple of weeks ago.
Sister Swain: Gracie was SO quiet last Sunday in church! We were so amazed.
Me: Gracie wasn't there. She was home sick.
Sister Swain: Oh. It was a lot quieter.
Yes, my daughter is noisy in church. I think the week before that she was singing "O Christmas Tree" during sacrament meeting... (sigh). Actually she is doing a lot better (in my opinion... I guess I could ask the sister missionaries and see what they think). This last Sunday she was very funny. She has a set of princess lacing cards (a quiet toy that she is only allowed to play with during church). In the set there is a Cinderella card, a Belle card, a Sleeping Beauty card, a glass slipper, a coach, and a castle. She got them out after the sacrament and decided she wanted to share. She gave one to Brother May and two of his daugters, and Brother Brown and his daughter. She made sure that Brother May and Brother Brown laced their cards too. It was hard for me not to laugh out loud during the meeting.
Sammy is as ever my little angel. He is much much quieter than his sister during church. Maybe because he can't talk yet... maybe because he gets to sit on his mommy's lap as much as he wants to (and sometimes his Daddy's). He is getting big enough that the last two hours of church are getting hard though. He is too active to sit quietly on our laps during our meetings, but not big enough to go to the nursery yet (we still have 6 months!). I can't believe his birthday is going to be tomorrow!!!!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
did you know that I get to play a recital for the missionaries in Nauvoo? Cool eh? March the 9th. Can't wait.
LOL! That's so funny! I love your blog. I have one too ... it's in the works. But, wow, your little ones are just growing up so fast! Sammy doesn't even look the same as when I left! :)
- Amy Soto
Post a Comment