*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Wednesday, April 23, 2008

He loves me, he loves me not, he LOVES me!




This is the tree in my front yard. I just want to go out and pick the flowers and play he loves me, he loves me not. I have no idea what kind of tree it is, but I really love it. I didn't always love it. Last summer it was just a great big shade tree that made the grass kind of grow patchy underneath it. When fall came the leaves all turned an ugly brown and fell off in one night. During the winter it always had these fuzzy brown buds on it that never fell off. But then this spring it bloomed into the most beautiful tree I have ever seen. I was thinking about that and, you know, it was always the same tree. The only thing that has changed about it is the way I see it. It made me realize that so many times in life, I don't view things they way they really are. I forget when the kids are being naughty or when David is really busy or when the house is messy, how blessed I really am. I have a lot to be grateful for... probably more than my share of blessing actually. I have two great kids with another one on the way. They make everything better and brighter. I have a wonderful husband who loves me and our kids and honors his priesthood. I have the gospel of Jesus Christ. I have great wonderful parents who taught me as a child (and who continue to teach me). I have the beauty that is all around me (including my own front yard) and that is only naming a few! Sometimes when things in life are hard, or when times get busy, or when kids get sick (or when moms get pregnant and feel sick!) I forget to remember my blessings. I am just very thankful for all that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with.

8 comments:

LeAnn said...

What a pretty tree! I love it. Thanks for the reminder to be thankful I think I needed it today! Call me and tell me how your doctor appoinment went -k-.
Yippee only 5 more days! We can hardly wait!

Love ya,
LeAnn

Recovery Guru said...

I love the flowers on the tree, they are so pretty! Also thanks for this post you must have known that I needed the reminder to count my blessings! Thanks Sister!

Connie said...

Wonderful post, Julie. And the tree sure is pretty!

The Johnson Family said...

Great Point!!!!

Ann & Patrick McVey said...

Hey Julie,
I loved the pictures of the tree. We had those all over North Carolina. Seeing those brought back some great memories! They are called tulip trees, a type of magnolia tree.(there, that's my nerd moment)
Take Care,
Ann

Robin Keith said...

Interesting that you should mention gratitude this time. I also have been cognating on this issue. Interesting how our perspectives have changed over time...isn't it?
Can't wait to see you...gr keith

Emily said...

we saw one of those trees in Detroit on the campus where Jon's going. There are lots of bad things about Detroit, and that's what everyone seems to focus on. But we found some really great things about it.

Good luck on your flight! I would recommend lots of snacks and empty cups for your kids, so you can fill them up with water or juice after security. And toys toys toys! If you happen to have an ipod with video, there are free sesame street and They Might Be Giants cartoons on itunes. Abby loved watching those. She also loved finger puppets and crayons.

Cicely said...

That was beautiful.

I miss you guys. Can't wait to see you. Tell me how far along you are now?