So I think my kids have been running 5 steps ahead of me lately!! I have just been so TIRED with this pregnancy! There was one day last week when I really wasn't sure that by the time David got home from school were all still going to be alive and well. Sammy's new favorite trick is getting a box of cereal from the pantry and pouring it on the floor. After barely keeping the new box of Life from spilling on the floor about 3 times I had to give Gracie a little talk about keeping the pantry door shut. Gracie stuck her fingers all through the german chocolate brownies. She got sent to her room for that one. But she won't stay in. Those child proof door knobs don't work for her. Sammy stuck his hand in the toilet and tried to grab Gracie's poop (ewwww so gross... that one almost made me throw up)! Then the straw that broke the camels back... I went to change Sammy's diaper in the bedroom. Gracie had been playing with her toys in the kitchen. I heard a crash and about 10 seconds later Gracie started crying. I called her in to me and when she came in she was totally naked! She had taken of every article of clothing she was wearing. I asked her where her clothes were and she said they were in the kitchen. Then I noticed that her skin was all wet and shiny and... oily! I ran into the kitchen and there on the floor was a big puddle of oil and an empty vegetable oil bottle. And not only that, she had tracked it all through the kitchen, down the hall and into the bedroom. I took Gracie into the bathroom, dropped her in the tub, put Sammy in his crib (I needed some place that he couldn't escape and come get into the oil). Then I mopped the floor. Twice. It was not a happy mommy moment. It reminded me of the naughty little Pace twins that lived down the street from me when I was a kid. They put socks on and then skated on sticks of butter while there mom wasn't home. I have to admit, I wasn't very patient about it either. I made Gracie go to her room and stay there for like half an hour after I was finished. I was so mad that I couldn't even take a picture (sorry). I wondered for a few hours what I was thinking wanting another little munchkin! But as always, a big hug and kiss and an I love you mom is all it took and I forgave her. I mean who can resist?
Sammy has been really grumpy today. His first molar just broke through today. Poor kid! He wanted me to hold him every second this morning. It makes it hard to get anything done. I was feeling a little stressed about it this morning because I was trying to get ready to go to a humanitarian aid project that the relief society is doing in our ward. Anyway, when I got home I was laying on the floor so David could pop my neck. Sammy kept coming up to me and just laying on me and hugging me. It was so sweet and I just love him so much!
Really, I am truly blessed! We really have a great life. What more could a mommy want then a wonderful husband and two sweet, brilliant, fantastic children?
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
OH, you're not kidding, pregnancy makes you absolutely EXHAUSTED...that would be hard to keep up with two kids at the same time! It feels good to vent it out, and then remember why you just love 'em to death. Well, hopefully you'll get to the second trimester soon and have more ENERGY!!
Wow you are a good mom. That is impressive that you still can say you love your kids at the end of the day...it deff takes till he is long asleep for me some time! Ü
Oh my Julie, why didn't you call me? I am so so very sorry that your kids are being so mischievous(naughty!!)! Maybe you should find a lock for the pantry door so that your so very cute children can't help themselves to the cereal and the vegetable oil(yummy!) I hope that tomorrow is a better one for you and just think only about 27 more days until you get to come stay for a long visit!!
Wow what a day!
I always blame the tiredness on the fact that even when we are sleeping our bodies are hard at work keeping that little baby developing.
No wonder you are tired. Hang in there. I agree with Caralee I think you should get a doorknob with a lock on it for your pantry and open it with a key. It'll probabaly (is that spelled right?) be a hassle until you get used to it but it may save your sanity in the long run. Your gonna make it Sis. Hang in there. We are counting the days till you get to come home!
Love ya,
LeAnn
Oh, wow Julie! I think I may not have had any children left by the end of a day like that! You have more patience than you think. But what memories you'll have to look back on and laugh at...a long time from now. :P
Good luck with pregnancy #3!
Haven
So I guess Gracie just wanted a nice suntan? I've had those days, but only with one child. Hey, I think your baby in your tummy just waved to me! Anyway, you're such a good mommy! Hang in there! Can't wait to see you someday!
I was laughing out loud at this until I realized how awful that must have been for you.
You are a great mom. When I get to Erie I would love to set up some kind of class and you could teach me how to be so awesome. and I will teach you.... something....
I got nothing.
Give the kids hugs for me!
Oh no! I am sending you every ounce of mommy empathy even possible at this very moment! How in the world do you get THAT much oil cleaned up?? Especially out of the carpet down the hall... I am amazed that Gracie was only sent to her room for a 1/2 an hour!! sometimes we have those 'it's a really good thing you are adorable and I know you are a child of God and your immense eternal potential, because otherwise you'd be toast right now' moments, or rather, days! Can't wait to see you when you visit!
Post a Comment