Thursday, November 29, 2007
Push the button Sammy!
Today Sammy, Gracie, and I went to the store. It was just your usual trip to the grocery store. You know how it goes. Gracie is constantly trying to run away and play with something on display or adding extra things to the grocery cart. Sammy is making eyes at everyone who walks past and getting smiles out of all of them. I am trying to buy things to create healthy well-balanced meals that everyone will eat. Just another day in the life of a mother. We checked out, and I was really tricky and kept the cart away from the row of candy and gum that is right in arms length of the cart when you are loading your groceries on the little conveyor belt thingy. I was feeling pretty good about our little outing. We went out to the car to load everything. I was trying to hurry because it was starting to snow. I dropped my diaper bag and wallet on the front seat so that they would be out of the way, then I put Sammy in the car. He was crying (he doesn't like to be restrained in his car seat) so I handed him my keys. Keys are his favorite toy, real keys that is. Keys, phones, remote controls... all of those kinds of things. I walked around the car with Gracie to put her in her seat, and for some reason the door wouldn't open. Strange... I knew I had unlocked the car... Oh well. I went to the front passenger side door and thought I would just reach back and open it. But that door wouldn't open either! Then I started to panic. Could Sammy possibly have hit the lock button on the keys? He had. We were locked out, he was locked in, it was starting to snow, and I had know idea what to do about it. There was an angel parking attendant near by and she noticed that something was wrong. She went in to call the Sheriff for me. I zipped Gracie's coat up and put on her hood then did the same for myself. I kept Gracie occupied by feeding her chocolate Christmas bells and we waited... and waited... and waited... We looked in the window at Sammy who was sitting there happy as a clam just playing with the keys. "Push the button Sammy! Push the button and let us in!" Gracie and I were both saying it. Then all of a sudden "click" I heard it and ran for the door. Sammy had unlocked it. Yay Sammy! What a good boy! I reached back and he held up the keys to me and smiled. I think he thought it was all a good joke! I buckled Gracie into her chair, loaded the groceries, found the angel parking attendant and told her that Sammy had unlocked the car, got into the drivers seat, drove home and ate all the chocolate I could find. I guess we are going to need some more chocolate Christmas bells. But I have totally learned my lesson. Sammy can no longer play with the keys when he is in the car.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh my gosh! Good job Sammy! He's a smartie, eh? What a crazy story, I'm glad it all worked out good!
That's my grandkid! Smart and capable!
love, grandma
I am always scared stuff like that will happen to me! I am glad everything went well. I have a hard enough time telling Aspen what button to push - you are lucky Sammy just unlocked the door for you!
That made my heart pound, I am so thankful that it was a quick fix! I am always scared about Sydney getting locked in the car in the hot summer time, I am sure that cold weather can be just as bad! Way to go Sammy!
That's a Keith boy for you.
-Ryan
Post a Comment