*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Tagged...

Okay so I have been tagged again. This time I am supposed to come up with 6 facts about myself, so here goes...

1) There is a certain time of year when I have an addiction that I cannot deny. The leaves on the trees start to change color and the weather starts to feel crisp, and I must have pumpkin! Pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pie, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin pancakes, even those little mellowcreme pumpkins (which don't actually taste like pumpkin at all but are in the shape of pumpkins so they count). I don't know what it is about pumpkins, but it just wouldn't be fall without them. I love pumpkins!

2) Some day I want to learn to play the guitar and ballroom dance (not together). My goal of playing the guitar I know I can make happen. It is just a matter of having the money to buy a guitar (which may not happen until David is out of school) and finding the time to play it (which is difficult while the kids are so small), but someday I am sure I can make that goal happen. The ballroom dancing goal may be a different story. I have never been very coordinated or graceful. Maybe that is why I have always envied so much people who are. Someday though, I will take dancing lessons (again this may have to wait until David is out of school... that money thing just seems to get in the way all the time... oh well). Someday...

3) Sometimes, when it is dark outside, if I am all alone, I like to sit and listen to sad songs until I cry. I don't do this every time it is dark outside and I am alone, just sometimes. I think it is a way for me to let out bottled up emotion. I do tend to keep stress and anger bottled up inside me until they explode. I guess this is just a non explosive way for me to let out emotion. "So turn 'em on, turn 'em on, turn on those sad songs. When all hope is gone, sad songs say so much."

4) I start listening to Christmas music a couple of weeks before Halloween! I love Christmas music, and movies. I think I watched Miracle on 34th St. in September this year. Last week I went to Salvation army looking for a desk for David and the best things I came home with were the movie "A Muppet Christmas Carol" for 3 dollars and a 3 foot pre-lit Christmas tree to go in Gracie's room (kind of as a night light) complete with decorations for 4 dollars.

5) I am kind of a skin flint. I get after David for turning the heater up too high in the winter and I tell him not to spend too much when he goes to the grocery store. I feel secure when I have money in savings, so coming to medical school with David has been a real stretch for me. This is the first time since we got married that neither of us has had an income (and it is really scary!!!).

6) I love love love to read! If I am just sitting there doing nothing my eyes wander and look for some kind of magazine or something nearby for me to read. At breakfast time if the cereal box is handy I have to read it. Even if I read it the day before!! I love to read children's books and novels and religious books and picture books and magazines and cook books and holiday books and anything really (except David's medical text books... I am not really interested in them. If I had no responsibilities, I would sit and read all day every day!

So that is 6 random facts about me. Sorry it has taken me so long to fill this one out Caralee. I am tagging anyone who reads this blog who hasn't filled it out yet. Have fun!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Christmas Music is the BEST! And I have a cookbook that is all pumpkin, someone gave it to us for our wedding and I try to make something new from it every year. Have you ever made a pie using frech pumpkin? It's delicious.

Robin Keith said...

I loved reading about you and your desires. We don't stop long enough and tell each other that sort of stuff.
Glad you got the quilt, saw the blog and keep me posted. This is a great venue. Let Emily know you have eaten a fresh pumpkin pie because that's all grandpa keith makes!
Glad you had a great birthday...take out the quilt to think of dad and the cookbook to think of me and enjoy. Sounds like a fun TDay if you go to DC. Or just stay home, keep warm/ Does the heater work? Let us know...
Enjoy the socks...we want their toes to stay warm. love, rk

Recovery Guru said...

Yeah Julie I am glad that you finally did the tag! I hope that you are feeling better today, I have been thinking about you a lot and hoping that you are better! Kiss you kiddos for me, cause I miss them tons!

Heather B said...

I'm with you on the reading-ANYTHING habit, and Christmas music early, I'm all about that! Yeah! Good facts about yourself.