Wednesday, December 5, 2007
A Winter Wonderland!
Snow, snow, snow, snow... it won't be long until we'll all be there with snow!!! Isn't that how that song goes? Anyway, it really did snow here. Lots and lots of snow! I was out shoveling the walks this morning and this van came driving down the street. It was slipping and sliding so bad and I was really afraid that it was going to hit the power pole right in front of my house. It only missed it by a couple of inches. I really think there is a foot of snow out there and they don't plow the street in front of my house. I have been looking for a measuring stick so that I can really measure how much snow is out there, but I can't even find a little one (Gracie and Sammy play with it). Oh well. As I was shoveling the snow I remembered how when I was a little girl it was a fun job to go out and shovel the walks. Gracie came out with me and she was climbing on the snow that I had shoveled and rolling down it. It was really fun. Having kids seems to bring joy back into stuff that has become a chore. So today I am grateful for snow (as long as I don't have to drive in it)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Wow, it's so beautiful.
You truly are now socked into the northeast. Without three to four feet, you just don't feel at home.
It looks great. Aren't ya glad you don't have many pressing engagements to be at when it does that?
Just chocolate bells and milk will do.
Movies will save you from boredom.
Tell david to be careful in the snow.
You too! love, grandma
All I can say is COLD! It is really pretty though!
Holy SMOKES!!! LOOK AT THAT SNOW!! I hope we are able to enjoy a white Christmas next year!!! The only white we see is the waves crashing into the rocks! Nice, but not quite as Christmasy as SNOW!!! Make a snow angel for me :)
Post a Comment