*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Friday, June 12, 2009

Dream Come True

So David says our computer is on its last leg and going to need some replacement parts at least. I can't get Picasa to open and therefore don't know how to get to most of my pictures... I know that makes me pretty dumb. Oh well. So this is just a post with no pictures with a little update about all of us.

David is doing his O.B rotation right now. The hours are horrendous!!!! He has only been home 2 nights in the last week! But if you ask him (besides the missing his family part) he is having an awesome time. He has actually delivered 3 babies this week and LOVES it!

Gracie and Sammy love to fight over toys. It is driving me CRAZY! Sammy woke up really grumpy from his nap yesterday. We spent some time together just Mommy and Sammy trying to get him out of his funk, but he threw tantrum after tantrum anyway. I finally went in and put him to bed early. He cuddled under his "ay-ee" and we sang song after song and then I kissed him goodnight and he said, "More kiss." So I kissed him again... and again... and again, then I told him goodnight again and he curled up and went right to sleep. Gracie stayed up a little later, but she is so used to playing with Sammy as they both fall asleep (they share a room and have bunk beds) that she couldn't fall asleep on her own (I think she was a little scared to be awake by herself). She came in to our room 4 times. We would take her back to her room and tuck her back in, but finally we gave in and let her come fall asleep in our bed. I didn't really mind too much. I love cuddling with my kids and it is nice to know that they love each other in spite of the fighting!

Benson is the happiest kid. He loves his brother and sister and his Daddy and of course he loves his Mommy. He started to crawl a couple of days ago and to say Da-da. There is nothing quite like the way his face lights up when I walk into the room and he has started following me if I leave... hollering at the top of his lungs. He woke up this morning around 5:00 ready for breakfast. I was not however ready to get up so I pulled him into bed with me and we both fell asleep while he was nursing. He woke up again at 7:00 and wanted to nurse again. His crying woke up the other kids. Sammy and Gracie both came into my room and saw me still in bed so they decided they wanted to come cuddle in my bed too. Between the two of them they brought 4 pillows, 5 blankets, 2 purses, 1 stuffed animal, and a Dora and a Diego doll that Gracie calls her "kids" into my bed. When Sammy decided he was going to be a frog and jump all over the bed I decided it was time to get up, but not before he came to me and said, "Froggie kiss?" I said, "Yes, I would love a froggie kiss." and Gracie said in a dreamy voice, "A froggie kiss is a dream come true!"

So that is us in a nutshell. We are living a "dream come true." Not every moment is perfect, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

4 comments:

Sarah Keith said...

That is so sweet! All your kids in bed with you! I love it!

David said...

It's not so fun being away from your family. This is the end of my crazy week. I need to fix or get Julie a new computer. It's on my todo list.

Love ya honey.

Robin Keith said...

You are such a great mom, I just adore you.

Julie said...

I am actually more interested in some other things on the to-do list. Ahem... the blinds... and the tilling... ahem...

Love you babe!