*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Friday, February 6, 2009

A, E, I, O, U, and sometimes Y, and sometimes R



We put Sammy in the tub a few days ago. He had been dragging his "ay-ee" around all morning and he dragged it into the bathroom when we told him he had to take a bath. David took the blanket and set it on the floor, but as soon as we turned our backs Sammy reached out and snatched up his blanket and pulled it into the tub with him. We heard him saying "Ay-ee, Ay-ee" and raced back to him. He just looked up at us and smiled. When we got out the camera to take a picture he smiled even bigger and said without promting, "Cheese!" I have said before how he is learning new words every day, but the funny thing about it is that when he asks for almost all of his favorite things he doesn't use any consonants. He almost always wants an "aa-er" (cracker), "ii-er" (sticker), "oo-ie" (cookie), or his "ay-ee" (blankie). And we can understand him just fine. Who knew consonants were optional in the English language?
I have to say this age is one of my favorites, when little kids are discovering so much about the world around them and yes getting into a lot of trouble in the process. In a couple of weeks Sammy will turn TWO!

I was teasing Sammy a couple of days ago. He carries a couple of Lightening McQeen cars around with him at ALL times. I took one of them and put it in my mouth. He seriously was about to cry. He pretty much has his mom figured out. All he has to do is stick out this big ol' lip and I just melt.
I am sorry Sammy. You can have Lightening McQueen back.

5 comments:

Recovery Guru said...

What a little stinker, I love that lip sticking out! Sydney will get upset if I play with her special blanket. I will pretend to fall asleep on it and cuddle it next to my face like she does. She will tell me "NO-NO!" and take it away. I used to pretend to cry but then she would start crying too, so I don't do that so much anymore!

Julie said...

If I pretend to cry Sammy will give me a great big kiss, but he still won't give me Lightening McQueen.

jolyne77 said...

HA HA, gotta love it that he has a fave though, eh? ;-)

Cicely said...

Love it.

Shonna said...

You're such a tease.