So I saw this on my friend Heather's blog and really thought it was fun and funny and was inspired (tis the season you know) to do it on my own. So here it is, my history of Love, Lust and Infatuation.
Kindergarten: This is the first time I remember being "in love" with a boy. His name was Brandon Clough and he sat at the table next to me in Mrs. Woods class. One day for "rotations" I made sure he and I were sitting at the same table (of course I couldn't sit next to him... that would have been way to obvious! I think I sat across from him). We were coloring lifesize bears. Mine had a bow on its head, lipstick and eyelashes. I was feeling very proud of myself and trying to make my bear the most beautiful so Brandon would notice. Then I looked over at his bear. It had snot running out of its nose and blood leaking from the corners of its mouth and from one eye. That brought a swift end to the infatuation I felt for Brandon Clough.
1st grade: First grade was Zane. He was the only boy in the class that was taller than me and I still remember he was oh so handsome!
2nd grade: My best friend and I were both in love with Anthony Timpson. He was the fastest boy runner in the class and I was the fastest girl. You would think it was a match made in heaven right. I do remember him chasing me on the playground, but I think he liked my best friend better.
3rd grade: Andrew Buchanan. He was so good at art! I used to watch him draw and try to do the same thing. But he was the shortest boy in the class and I was the tallest girl so that didn't last very long.
4th, 5th and 6th grade: I new that I loved Aaron Day in 4th grade. I think I loved him in 5th grade and 6th grade too. Funny though, that is all I remember about him.
7th grade: A boy named Brandon whose last name I never found out. We danced at the school dance and my first stake dance. I was smitten, but I never dared to go talk to him again (what a chicken I was). I followed him around to his classes just so I could look at him and figure out his schedule. I think I was just getting up the nerve to talk to him when we moved to St. George.
8th grade: I don't remember the name of the boy I loved in 8th and 9th grade (it was the same boy). I remember him being tall and skinny and painfully shy (as shy as I was). We would smile at each other from across the room, but we didn't exchange very many words. His friend told me he liked me, but I think that just made me avoid him more. Then in 9th grade we had the same science class. I remember the teacher had us correct each others tests in that class and I somehow got lucky enough to get his. If I remember right he failed the test, and that is where my feelings for him ended (what a jerk I was and a snob). I have to admit, I like the brainy guys.
9th: see above
10th: In 10th grade I got stuck sitting next to Adam Hinton in Honors History. At first I was vastly annoyed with this. He was always talking to me and bugging me. And then somehow even though he was still talking to me, it didn't bug me anymore. He was my best guy friend until we graduated from High School. There was lots of infatuation with other boys during that time: Jake Johnston, Thad Seegmiller, Kellen Wilson (have you seen that boy juggle fire?!?!) Jason Ellsworth, Sam Anderson, Neal Sullivan, I am sure there are others, but their names escape me right now. But I just kept going back to Adam Hinton (I know he was a nerd, but I guess I was too). He was my first LOVE until we graduated from High School.
I didn't meet David until my second year of college and really that story is pretty funny. My older sister was two grades ahead of me in school. She and her boyfriend Reeve, and her friend and David went to a dance together (David went to Snow Canyon his Senior year). LeAnn was cold and David at the time was really "in" to reflexology (what can I say... I like nerds). He knew there was a pressure point in your ears that if you rubbed would make you feel warm. He reached up and started rubbing my sister's ears. She really didn't like it! She came home and told me all about this boy that rubbed her ears at the dance!!! Years passed. David went on a mission and came home. He and I were in the Institute's show choir, "Inspiration." We were also taking CIS 100 together (that boring computer class that everyone is required to either take or test out of). I had no idea that this was the same boy that had rubbed LeAnn's ears. He and I were sitting together and all of a sudden he said. "Come on, I need to take a break!" So we bought sodas from the soda machine and went outside. As we were sitting out there, I got cold. He told me about the pressure point in your ears that makes you feel warm and reached up and rubbed my ears!!!! I kind of started freaking out. I pointed at him and excaimed, "You are the ear rubber!" He looked at me kind of puzzled and I said, "3 years ago you rubbed my sisters ears at a dance!" And the rest as they say is history. I do remember though that I went home and wrote to my sister who was serving a mission in Brasil at the time and told her that I had found the ear rubber. She wrote back to me and told me to stay away from him because he was strange.
And now 7 years later, I am married to him, the true love of my life! We have 2 beautiful children together and I am so grateful that he is my husband. I love you David. Thank you for loving me enough to stick with me through the hard times and for making the good times sweeter than the most beautiful dream. Happy Valentine's Day Babe.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is hilarious. I love your story. I am tempted to write about this on my blog. Maybe I'll muster up the courage since it's Vday. I still get embarassed about old boyfriends...:)
Hey sis-
Fun post! I didn't know a lot of that stuff. Except for the ear rubbing part. I am glad that you didn't listen to me and that you have a beautiful little family with the ear rubber!
Love you guys,
LeAnn
I am still laughing! I just want to know if the ear rubbing really works!
Aunt Kathy
Post a Comment