So Emily tagged me and wanted to know all of our nicknames. I am afraid she is going to be disappointed because we don't have very many, and they really aren't that inventive, but here goes...
Julie
Julie-girl- David's name for me... it makes me feel young :)
Julieo
Jewels
Sister -my mom calls me this... kind of strange since I am not her sister, but I like it
Fred -don't ask
Julie Bulie
Some variation on "Julie Bulie rides a mulie to schoolie" -the dentist called me when I was little
Julie Bulie Flower Power
Julie Ann -this is actually my real name, but only my grandma calls me this
Mommy, Mama, Mom -I answer to all variations of this name and LOVE them all!
Gracie -Gracie calls me this sometimes... she tells me she is mommy and I am Gracie. It is so funny because she gets right in my face and says "Gracie, Gracie, Gracie!" and she won't stop saying it until I answer, "What Mom." The mom part is very important. If I just answer "what" then she keeps saying "Gracie" to me until I anwer correctly.
David
Dave- He will answer to this, but doesn't really like it
Lover-Lips
I use all kinds of pet names for him (you know: Lover, Babe, Honey-pie, Sugar Booger (just kidding on the Sugar Booger) but I don't know that he really has any other nick-names... maybe he did when he was a kid, but he isn't home for me to ask right now.)
Daddy, Dad, Dada -I even call him these names sometimes, and it was something I never thought I would do... hmmm
Gracie
Gracie Girl
Gracie Lue -and occasionally Gracie Lue Freebush... I suppose it can't be helped after the Miss congeniality movies.
Baby Girl -I call her this a lot even though I know she isn't a baby any more... :(
Grace
Gracie Deloy -when she is in trouble
Baby
Daughter Plant -it's a LONG story and kind of an inside joke... sorry
Mom -see Gracie under my name
Bubba or Bubba Lou -I really don't like this one, but I can't really stop other people from using it-sorry, you guys know who you are :)
Samuel
Sammy-actually we call him this more than Samuel
Sammy Lamby- I call him this one
Sammy Lion- David calls him this one (he doesn't think "Lamby" is masculine enough
Sammy Boy- Gracie calls him Sammy boy. She sings him the "Sammy boy" song (just his name repeated over and over to the tune of Welcome Welcome Sabbath morning)
Son- Gracie calls Sammy this when she is saying sorry, "Sorry Son." I call him this too.
Sorry, no really exciting nick-names. We do use a LOT of pet names, but those aren't really nicknames.
Anyway, I am tagging Jamey, Heather, Jolene, Tara, and really anyone who wants to do this (if you don't want to that is ok too... I recently tagged my sister and she HATED it so if you don't want to do this I won't feel bad.)
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Julie-o
I don't really hate it like that, I think that I probably have lost touch with myself in some aspects (you know how it is, being a mom sometimes takes away your identity)So I have a hard time thinking of things to talk about if it isn't my kids. I am sure I should do something about that. I think that I like the sugar-booger name! I had forgotten all of those things we used to call you when we were little. That was a fun post!
Love ya,
LeAnn
LeAnnie-pie! I think you should do this tag then!!! Love ya!
Julieo
Those were fun little stories GRACIE!
julie, sammy's book was ordered yesterday I pray it gets there in time for his B/D. I sent it right to you from Heritage Makers...
He is adorable and it shows in his book. love you all grandma K
Sugar booger huh! I really think we need to come up with some name like daughter plant for our hubbers and our little boys in the family because it really isn't fair to have a name like daughter plant that is only for the girls and not the guys! Equality in all things!!
Father trees, Men of masculine aptitude, Sons of God. I'm good with those :)
Keither is what I was called pretty much through middle and some HS. I hated it at first, but it became an identity for me. I loved it.
Not so much any more. And Yes, Sammy is a Lion, not a lamb. You should hear him roar...seriously.
I also call Gracie "Doodle" sometimes, and my family wanted us to name her Gracie Lue, after "Gracie Lue Freebush" rom Miss Congieniality.
Oh sorry dear. I must have been mentally blocking "Doodle" from my mind.... I don't really like that name either.
Julie
Hey Julie, Aspen just got this sticker club thing in the mail, and you mail it to 6 friends and receive 36 stickers in the end - I was wondering if Gracie would like to do it? If she would, just email me your address at
jameytobler @ hotmail
Thanks!
Cute post! That sugar-booger thing sounds familiar... is it from a movie? I love Gracie wanting to be 'Mom' and make you the child. Some days I wouldn't mind trading! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment