Gracie is such a funny girl. It has been snowing for three days here. Monday and Tuesday it lightly snowed all day, and then last night and today we got dumped on. Yesterday morning when Gracie saw out the window that it was snowing the first thing she said was, "Oh man! I don't want it to snow. It's too cold! Can we build a snowman?" She loved going out in the snow today. We went out twice. Each time the only way I could talk her in to coming back inside was with the promise of hot chocolate.
All of a sudden, Gracie is totally interested in saying the prayer. We tried and tried for a long time to get her to pray, and now she wants to do it all the time. But she doesn't want any help. Her prayers go something like this. "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the food. Bless it to our bodies. Thank you for the food... our bodies..."At this point I try to whisper something in her ear and she responds by saying, "Stop! Stop!" Then she prays for what ever it was I whispered in her ear and says "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." It is really really sweet (except for the little outburst in the middle) and it makes me happy to know that Gracie likes to talk to her Heavely Father.
Sammy was pretty funny today to. I was doing some laundry and a pair of Gracie's sweat pants fell on the floor. The floor in my basement is wood laminate, and it is kind of slippery. Sammy figured out that he could put his hands on the pants and crawl with his legs and not have to move his hands because the pants would just slide on the floor. He looked up at me and I could tell he was pretty proud of himself. He had a grin about a mile wide. He crawled all across the room like that. Then he figured out how to climb on top of the couch. I can see this is going to be a problem, because he doesn't know how to get down on his own yet without just falling. We keep him away from the stairs for this very reason, but I don't see a way to block all the couches in the house... Anyone have any ideas?
Neither of the kids took naps today, so I put them to bed early. David is still at school, so I am enjoying a rare moment by myself. I am going to go pop in a movie and make some more icicle ornaments for my tree.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
How cute. I was just picturing Sammy crawling across the floor like that. How nice to have some alone time! Enjoy!
I love the comment on how she doesn't want it to snow, but can she build a snowman. That sounds like something Aspen would say. How old is Sammy?
Hey Jamey,
Sammy will be ten months old on Dec. 21st. Where does the time go huh?
He is certainly coming into his own.YES?
Gracie's prayers sound just like Logans! They're so cute!
Post a Comment