*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Benson hearts "Diedo"


(Pictures taken by Jonae Cheger)

This silly little boy woke up crying this morning at 2:00 asking to watch "Diedo" (which means Diego). He LOVES Diego. I wouldn't let him watch it. I know I am a really mean mother, but I am not willing to give up my sleep so that my 22 month old can sit and watch some animal rescuer show where the main character's head is too big for his body. I got him a drink of water and brought him to my bed instead. Big mistake! He wouldn't go to sleep. I already have pregnancy insomnia (I went to bed last night around 10:30 but just can't shut my brain off for hours after I turn off the light) and adding a little boy to the bed who keeps reaching up to hug me or pat my face or stroke my hair didn't help (I know all of those things sound sweet in the day time, but not so at two in the morning). I finally made him go back to his bed (now close to 3-ish) because I was close to crying over lack of sleep. David carried him back to his bed, and he didn't cry or anything. He just lay there in his bed for about 15 minutes and then I hear the sweet pitter patter of little feet (not as sweet during he middle of the night again, but still sweet). He came and climbed back into my bed again and this time curled up to me and fell asleep almost immediately. I woke up with him still curled up against my back like a little kitten. After breakfast this morning I finally let him watch Diego. I got comfortable on the couch next to all the other kids and tried to catch a couple minutes of sleep while they watched (I am not a good mommy when I don't get enough sleep, it was necessary to try and get a little more). Benson climbed up next to me in my arms and within just a few minutes of watching his favorite show... he fell asleep. Guess he needed to catch up a little bit too.

2 comments:

Sarah Keith said...

how frustrating, yet totally sweet a the same time! I love you Benson!

Mary Ann said...

I think it is cute that he loves Diego so much! Sorry he kept you up in the night! I thought it was so cute to here him ask to watch Diego on the phone the other day! He is such a cute little boy!