I figured it was about time for another belly picture. I am a little over 34 weeks now, and really I feel ready to POP! This little boy surely can't really grow for another 5 1/2 weeks. David is doing a month of OB/Pediatrics right now in his residency. He is having a fun time delivering babies and taking care of them after they are born. He came home from work a few days ago and told me about a conversation he had with one of the other residents. When a woman first gets pregnant all the books, web sites, and doctors compare the baby inside of you to a bean, peanut, or other small food when describing to you how big your baby is. From there they use apricot, plum, apple, orange, gourd, cantalope, squash, etc... always using a fruit or vegetable to give you the general idea of how big your baby is getting. Then all of a sudden the next thing used to describe the baby/woman's size is whale... Why is that? They don't use other sea animals when describing the size. It's not like they say, "Your baby is the size of a minnow, or a trout or a salmon." Nope, just whale. Well, whatever, I am ready for this baby blue whale to come out whenever he feels like it (preferably sooner than later after 37 weeks). If all you are waiting for is an invitation little boy, consider yourself invited. :)
Sunday, August 22, 2010
From round foods to large aquatic mammals.
I figured it was about time for another belly picture. I am a little over 34 weeks now, and really I feel ready to POP! This little boy surely can't really grow for another 5 1/2 weeks. David is doing a month of OB/Pediatrics right now in his residency. He is having a fun time delivering babies and taking care of them after they are born. He came home from work a few days ago and told me about a conversation he had with one of the other residents. When a woman first gets pregnant all the books, web sites, and doctors compare the baby inside of you to a bean, peanut, or other small food when describing to you how big your baby is. From there they use apricot, plum, apple, orange, gourd, cantalope, squash, etc... always using a fruit or vegetable to give you the general idea of how big your baby is getting. Then all of a sudden the next thing used to describe the baby/woman's size is whale... Why is that? They don't use other sea animals when describing the size. It's not like they say, "Your baby is the size of a minnow, or a trout or a salmon." Nope, just whale. Well, whatever, I am ready for this baby blue whale to come out whenever he feels like it (preferably sooner than later after 37 weeks). If all you are waiting for is an invitation little boy, consider yourself invited. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh Julie! You look so so cute! I wish I could see your belly in person instead of just in a picture! I'm so excited for you and for your cute little baby boy! I can hardly wait to meet him! That is rude that it is compared to a whale now! That is about what I feel like some days so I guess it is fitting though! Love you lots!
You take amazing pictures. I take a lot of pictures and I sometimes get lucky. Enjoyed your blog. Glad you guys are here.
Well it looks like your belly button is not sticking out yet so nope your not done cooking. :) Keep him in there until Mom gets there at least. No going rouge and I know you know what I'm talking about.
Cute belly picture sister!
Sarah, my belly button has never stuck out with any of my kids before. Why would it start now? And I have no idea what "going rouge" means. You will have to call me later and explain it to me.
You know... David bringing something home from work... the Sept 15th plan...I know you know what I'm talking about!
That is really so funny! How have I never know that. Well you dont look a smidge like you are carrying a whale! You look great!
A whale huh? That is pretty funny, from food to whale. Who comes up with these things?
Post a Comment