
Can I just tell everyone how much I love the Olympics!!! I really really really really love the Olympics! I remember as a child always loving the winter Olympics because I thought the ice skating was so beautiful, but my love for them has only grown. We lived in Salt Lake when the Olympics were there in 2002. I am sure it was not until then that I really got an inkling of what the Olympics are really about. Millions of people putting aside their prejudices and gathering together for a common dream. I worked down town when the Olympics were in Salt Lake City and it was truly amazing just to walk down the street and hear a dozen different languages and to know that really and truly we are all brothers and sisters and at least for a little while we could forget our differences. A great example of this was at the women's team gymnastics competition where shouts of "China! China! China!" were heard in English! I just think that is amazing and awesome! The other part of the Olympics that I love is to see people dream big and achieve those dreams.

5 comments:
ME TOO! Olympics have been great~
I sure have enjoyed the Olympics also. I am going to be sad when they are over.
Love Aunt Susan
ps cute blog lay out
I know what you mean. I've become an Olympic Junkie too. Staying up way too late watching them. It's funny, I remember the Salt Lake Olyimpics too. You guys at the Bank certainly had a location! That brings back a lot of memories.
I am also an Olympic junkie and will be glad when it is over just so I can go back to actually sleeping. :)
So much fun isn't it?!!! I too am a late-night stayer-upper watcher of the Olympics! We still are using Rabbit Ears... so it was really difficult to see that Michael Phelps indeed did touch the wall first. We just have to trust the system. Tell Gracie that I want to go swimming too in that pool!
Post a Comment