Okay, so I am totally frustrated with OB doctors here. I know I have mentioned some of my problems here on my blog before, but the annoyances only continue. Back in June the doctor I was seeing would not treat me for a sinus infection, even though I couldn't get into a family doctor, I was balling on the phone to them, and it was affecting my pregnancy (I couldn't eat my sinus's were hurting so bad!). I swore I would not go back to a doctor with so little sympathy for her patients. A family doctor finally took pity on me and gave me medicine even though he had never seen me as a patient before and he encouraged me to give the lame OB doctor another chance. I did. Two appointments later the doctor asked me (a little snidely too I might add) not to bring my kids with me into the office, even though my appointment was only 2 minutes long (you know the ones where they measure your stomach and listen to the baby's heartbeat). I was really offended by this. I am sorry. I am a mother and have kids and you know something, I can't always get a babysitter. Seriously, wouldn't you think someone who delivers babies for a living would like children a little more? I have talked to a couple of other women who haven't had the greatest experience there either so I decided finally to switch doctors. I tried to get a consultation appointment at a new office, but they won't see me until a doctor has reviewed my medical records. So I call office A and arrange to have medical records transferred to office B. Office B says they never got them. Meanwhile, I am due for a doctors appointment. I never canceled my appointments with office A so I figure, I will just go there one more time while I am working to get an appointment at office B. I go into appointment and office A has canceled all of my appointments since I have asked to have my records transferred even though office B never got them. Is anyone else getting confused? So I ask to have my records transferred again. Office A says, "They are already done."
So I say, "May I have a copy of my records for myself then?"
Office A says, "No."
Excuse me? Why not?
Office A says, "I don't know. I guess because I am the only one here who could do it right now and I am busy."
Does anyone else feel like screaming? Finally Office A says she will have a copy of my records mailed to me. I put in another request to have them sent to Office B again. Office B finally gets the records, and guess where they are now? Sitting on a doctors desk waiting to be reviewed. Still. Weeks later. I have called half a dozen times. Our Family doctor has called. A lady that used to work in their office has called trying to get a favor. Nothing. They just keep telling me that they will call me once my records have been reviewed. I am supposed to be seeing a doctor every two weeks now. But I don't even have a doctor anymore. I am totally frustrated and don't really know what to do. Anyone have any suggestions?
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Oh that is SO frustrating! Where do/did you go? I am sorry for all the hassle especially when you are getting so close now!
Wow, UNBELIEVABLE! I don't have any ideas (unless punching them all in the face counts...hormones!) But I just am appalled at the treatment you're getting! (or not getting!)
I was going to Bayside OBGYN. I have seriously been telling new girls in the ward NOT to go there. It shouldn't make me feel better to tell girls that, but it does. He he he! Does that make me a bad person?
Seriously sister we have to come up with a better way for us to talk because I hate not knowing these things until you post them on the blog. I wish that I had a million minutes on my cell phone plan so that we could talk all day! I am getting really frustrated about this, I miss my sister! I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time with your doctors, is there anywhere else you could go that could get you in faster?
No, it doesn't make you a bad person... But as far as suggestions... Does your family doctor deliver babies? Or even better.... I would really look into seeing a Certified Nurse Midwife who delivers at a hospital or even a birth center is an excellant choice. The midwife model of care is so different and superior to doctor's care, and they're just as competant. But yeah, for a midwife you wait like 2 minutes to see them for 45 minutes, going over everything and answering all your questions, and children are always welcome! Anyway, I would really look into it, e-mail me if you want to know more! Wish you the best! I'm sorry that you haven't been getting the care that you deserve!
Ugh, so not looking forward to having a baby out of Utah. If only babies weren't so cute...
So sorry about all the hassle! Whats the problem with bringing kids to the dr's office anyway! That is really stupid! I could understand if it were the other "fun" apt, but come on! Hopefully office B will give you the treatment you deserve :)
Thanks everyone. It is good to know that I am not just over reacting.
Cynthia, as far as Family Doctors and Midwives go, Family Doctors don't do OB here because there are enough OB's that it isn't really worth it for them to carry the malpractice insurance. So that one isn't a possibility. I have a friend who is going to a midwife and has only had problems with that office as well. It seems really sad and frustrating, but I don't know many people who really LOVE their OB's/midwives here. I would really love to go back to the one that delivered Sammy. If only...
I understand your pain...
Call and complain to the AMA of Penns or find a DO who will deliver?
Would that be ok?
Having a good doc is so important for just comfort..
love,m
Julie, I'll recommend to you what my good doctor in St George told me to do... since I just moved to Logan and I'm due 6 days before you I have some idea how much of a pain it is to change doctors right now ;) He said to call the Labor and Delivery of the hospital you want to be delivered at and have THEM recommend the doctor they think has the best bedside manner, etc. Believe it or not, that really helped me since the Labor and Delivery nurses have no obligations to any one doctor and they have to work with those doctors every day, who better would know who the good doctors are? Hope that helps!
I know what you should do. Just have David deliver the child! Can't wait to see you... someday! I promise! Do you promise too?
Oh my. I would've just screamed!! Uh, why are the doctors here so weird? Should we be worried about the education our husbands are getting?
I definitely promise too Emily! I can't wait to see you guys and meet Abby!
I wonder about that too Cicely. Is it a PA thing or what? Although David just told me that you and I won't let our husbands be such weird doctors. I guess only time will tell huh?
Post a Comment