*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Monday, October 15, 2007

The Kitchen

So here is our kitchen. We are remodeling it, and this is what it looked like before. Actually this is what it looked like with the previous owners (We don't have pets, and I had things arranged a little differently). It was ok I guess (everything mostly worked) but it wasn't really safe for a growing family. In fact if you are cooking on the stove and happen to touch the oven, you got a shock! Also the oven didn't insulate the heat very well. I have burned myself on it a couple of times trying to get something out of the oven. Good bye old kitchen. I would not wish you back again.

This is the beginning of demolition. Our home teacher, Jeremy, came over to help. He knows a lot more than we do about this kind of stuff and was a really big help. David's parents were also in town. His dad worked REALLY hard trying to help David finish some things before they had to leave today. The Missionaries even came and gave us some service hours and helped in the demolition. Thanks everyone.

Below is my cute husband. You can see all of the colors that the kitchen used to be behind him. There is also some wall paper above the window. I always think it is fascinating to see a house's history through the many layers of paint it has had.

Anyway, I will put up the next phase of pictures later. The cabinets are being built and David is working on the plumbing (and it is a nightmare!). I guess it had many problems that we were unaware of. I think between David and his Dad they have made at least 5 trips to Home Depot trying to get the right parts. Anyway, it will all get figured out eventually. Meanwhile I am taking a break from doing dishes (I am getting desperate though and am going to have to start washing dishes in the bath tub pretty soon!).

2 comments:

The Isoms said...

Can't wait to see the new kitchen!!

Recovery Guru said...

I want the new kitchen but I don't want to do any of the work! Maybe your hubby could come to my house and make a new kitchen for me too!