David and the kids and I went to NY for Stake Conference yesterday. This in itself was interesting to me; I have never had to drive more than 5 minutes to get to Stake Conference let alone an hour! But the drive there was so incredible! On our way home we stopped at this old cemetery. It was really really beautiful. I really don't think that graveyards are scary (I don't know how I would feel in this graveyard in the dark on Halloween night though). In fact, when I die, I would love to be buried in such a beautiful, peaceful place. The picture collage just below this is all of the graveyard.
The next two pictures are just some of the pictures we took in random place along the road. They were so incredibly beautiful!
This is of a road in Jamestown. I loved the red brick roads and as we drove down them we sang our own version of, "Follow the yellow brick road," from the wizard of oz substituting red for yellow. I just had to take a picture of one because I loved them so much!
If there is one thing that could keep me on the east coast forever, it would be how absolutely beautiful it is here in the fall. I am totally amazed every time I step out my door.




9 comments:
All the pictures really are so beautiful!! Seth says that when we come to visit we need to come in the fall because that is the prettiest time of the year. Someday when we come to visit I want to see a cool graveyard too, it really was very pretty!
There is a cool graveyard just down the street from my house. I haven't been in that one, just driven around it several times. This one in Jamestown that we went to was very interesting. There were big sections that belonged to families. There was this HUGE section of Andersons. I just thought it was kind of cool! You aren't just buried with your spouse there, but with your cousins and uncles and grandparents and great aunt't twice removed! Anyway, it really was beautiful.
So so beautiful! And the kitchen looks great too. Make sure that David finds time to study! :-)
Those pics are so pretty! I love all the different colors of the trees! That is something we definetley don't see here! Breathtaking!
So sorry I was a week early! That is what I wanted to see...
Nice looking kitchen there. Bet it is fun to work in when everything is hookied up. Hang in there...we are recovering from bad colds due to airplane air. love,mom and dad
WOW! That is stunning. Cool collage. We have a 2 hour drive to stake conference as well. It's pretty fun to be in the Nauvoo, IL stake. It's worth the drive by the Mississippi river to get there. Otherwise, we would probably skip out :)
That definitely looks like a gorgeous area!! I can't believe all of the colors! That is another thing we miss here... seasons... it is summer hot and super humid all year around. We've almost been here a year now and it has been a full year of summer! We will definitely be ready for some fall and winter weather when we head to the rotations next Aug.
How was your stake conference? We also have to travel to our District Conference. Only 3 members of our branch went. Most don't go because. first of all it is a few hour plane ride to French Guyana, S.A., also it is expensive, and in French and so we didn't make it there either... hee hee. About 6 members of our branch are now on at the temple in the Dominican Republic. They do one trip a year for about 5 days. I can't wait to hear about it when they get back! It sure would have been fun to go with them!
Julie, I just came upon your blog - these pictures make it look so beautiful! Your family is so cute! I hope you are doing well, and have a happy halloween!
Those are great pictures. we saw some nice foliage in R.I> but not quite as good as these.. Will send you a couple of pictures we took. Fall was nice and warm for a change. Looks like all are doing well and keeping very busy.. Hang in there, the kitchen will get done soon, When we did ours it took over a month... miss you and wish you all love and hugs..
Post a Comment