*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Palmyra


We took a trip to Palmyra last Friday. Just too give you an idea of how green everything is back here, this is a picture of the Palmyra Temple from the road. It is really beautiful. There are flowers everywhere. We visited the Smith home, the place where the Book of Mormon was printed, and the Sacred Grove. I don't know if this is entirely appropriate or not, but Gracie and I chased an imaginary monkey all through the Sacred Grove. Gracie thought she saw one up ahead of us, and all I had to do was tell her I thought the monkey had gone in the direction I wanted her to go and she followed me so willingly. After spending the morning chasing her out from under the bed at the Smith house and from behind the ropes that you aren't supposed to go behind, this was a welcome change.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Recovery Guru said...

Hey Sista!
Wow I am so jealous! I would love to go and see Palmyra....maybe next year when we come to visit! Gracie cracks me up! I can easily imagine her chasing a monkey all around the temple....I just wonder was she meowing and on all fours while she was doing it? -Caralee