*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Update...

So I don't have a picture to post today because just about everything I own is still in storage including my computer (thanks Lindsay for letting me use yours). Things are totally crazy here. We were supposed to have all of our stuff picked up by the moving van tomorrow to be shipped to our new house, but we got a message saying they wanted to pick it up today. So I had to scramble to get the motorcycle brought to the storage unit today instead of tomorrow and have everything ready to go. When I got to the unit, the gates wouldn't open so we had to get that fixed. Our good friend and previous bishop, Ryan drove David's motorcycle to the storage unit (David is in Kansas presenting a research paper at a conference) and parked it there for me. But the moving truck never showed up!!! Aaahhhhh! I called them and they said that someone had given me the wrong information and they aren't coming until tomorrow. So I had to have Ryan come back and move the motorcycle out of the storage unit (it won't actually fit because we have too much stuff...either that or the unit is just to small). We ended up parking the motorcycle on the street. But I found out that we have to drain the gasoline out of it before it can go on the truck. I have no idea how to do this and as I said before, David is out of town. I think this motorcylce is becoming more trouble than it is worth. Does anyone out there want a motorcycle? It is parked on the road next to the storage unit place and if it is by some chance missing in the morning I think I would be more relieved than sorry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Erie.

Anonymous said...

Julie I sure hope things get better for you. Good luck on your move. We sure will miss your cute family. Keep smiling!!
Love Aunt Susan

Ryan said...

You could just give it to a certain brother-in-law. OR sell it to the other one that could actually afford it ;) I hope it goes better.

Cluff Family said...

Julie... you are awesome! Hang in there... moving is always stressful... especially those BIG moves across the country :) I like the quote. Definitely true. When things have been out of my control in past years... somehow I was comforted and stregnthened to make it through in one piece:) How frusterating with the moving company... especially without David. Best of luck with it all and I can't wait to hear more from you when you get settled in Erie PA!!! Isn't that where the movie "That thing you do" takes place?