Well, the kids are growing like weeds! I took the kids to the doctor today for their well visits. Ironically none of them was well enough to get shots (they were pretty happy about this) but they have to go back in two weeks (Boo!). They really are SO BIG! Just wait until you see their stats.
Gracie
Age: 4 years and 4 months
Height: 3 ft 8.5 in= 97%
Weight: 44 lbs. = 89%
Sammy
Age: 2 years and 1 month
Height: 3 ft = 85%
Weight: 31 lbs. 79%
Benson
Age: 4.5 months
Height: 27 in= 94%
Weight: 19.4 lbs. = 97%
Head Circumference: 17.5 in= 90%
Gracie also passed her hearing and sight tests. She also sang her ABC's at the top of her lungs while we were waiting for the doctor. The doctor mentioned that he had heard her from outside the room we were waiting in. Do you think he was hinting to me to try to get her to be quieter? Benson just sat there and smiled at the nurse and doctor. Sammy threw the hugest temper tantrum. I am sure all of the other patients in the office thought someone was being tortured by the sound of his screams. Nobody would have guessed that he simply didn't want the doctor to listen to his heart. Or look in his ears. Or eyes. Or actually touch him at all for that matter. I know he just didn't feel good. On a happier note, while we were waiting for the doctor to call us back Sammy was running around and saw the bathroom. He said, " Potty Mommy-ommy, potty." I took him in and helped he get on the big potty. He piddled!!!! The tiniest teeniest little piddle I have ever seen, but still he did it! Then he tooted (yes we call them toots at our house)! Twice! Yay! Two funny things about that... I left the door open in the bathroom. Benson was asleep in his car seat right outside the door and Gracie was doing a puzzle on the floor about 3 yards away. The bathroom was pretty small. I could have crowded us all in there, but it really would have been crowded. Sammy's toots weren't little. They were big looooong ones. I was kind of embarrassed. I am SURE everyone in the waiting room heard. And it just dawned on me that I took Sammy potty in the MENS bathroom. Oops. It was the bathroom that Sammy saw and the one he picked, but I didn't even think about the fact that it was the mens room until about 5 minutes ago. Oh well. It was the first time I have taken the kids all to the doctor together by myself. It was hard, but we made it. I am smiling right now to know that I am a tough enough mommy to handle it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
The trips to the doctor are just as traumatizing to us mom's as it is to the kids I think. Some people just don't realize how much effort it truly takes to keep them all happy especially if they make you wait forever in the office. I would prefer to stay in the waiting room longer, that way I don't have to worry about what the kids are ruining or touching. Yeah for potty training!
Funny story. Way to go, all three kids by yourself! I barely venture out with two. You have tall kids, don't ya? Cool.
You make me laugh SO hard. I think I've been that mom in public before--minus the men's bathroom part. . . No worries. Once I had such a hard time getting the kids through the appt. that afterwards the receptionist showered me with dr. freebies like stickers, lollies, pens, and lotion to try to cheer me up :D. I hope they gave you a lolly. You deserve it.
LOL...big and healthy kiddos! I love it! HA HA, I also noticed that Benson is HEAVIER than Abby...um, hey, my kid is healthy TOO! ;-)
About the kid stuff....hey, we all take turns being 'thaaat' mommy. Its okay. Never thought I had a white trash bone in my body til I realized I was at GE with 3 disheveled kids throwing fits and myself, who hadnt done her hair or teeth, and maybe didn't have a bra on either. OHHH the SHAME!!!!! See...could have been worse?
And the bathroom thing...hey, in college, when we were out on the town, the Womens bathroom would have a line 20 feet outside the bathroom, when the Mens didn't have any...so, we just went in the Mens...is that bad? Eh, was quicker anyhow. ;-)
Way to be tough, mommie! You're awesome!
Wow! You are a tough mommy, I am impressed.
Post a Comment