Gracie took this picture of herself.Gracie Deloy
1. We got the name Gracie from a family group sheet I think. I like family names. She is named after someone so far back on a group sheet that I don't even remember where or who, but still it is a family name. Deloy was my maternal Grandmother's name. She passed away about 15 years ago, but she was an AMAZING woman!!!
2. Gracie is a couch potato! She loves movies!!! If I am not watching she will go down and turn on her own movie and she will turn it on over and over if I am not paying attention. Because she loves movies so much we got a couple of princess movies and use those as incentives for using the potty every day. We like to get a movie from the library every week too for this. The only problem with this is that she tells everyone at the library every week "if I go poop in the potty I can watch the Barbie movie!" or whatever the movie happens to be. It is SO embarrassing to me.
3. Gracie thinks she doesn't like dinner foods (except pizza). I have to coax and threaten to get her to eat. Funny thing is that after she tastes something she will eat more of it. She just thinks she doesn't like them.
4. Gracie put me to bed last night. She got me a blanket and sang me part of a song. When I asked her to sing me the rest of the song she said, "Sorry, I'm too busy."
5. Gracie loves to play with Sammy. She was sent to her room today, and she coaxed Sammy into going in with her so she wouldn't have to play alone. Maybe not as effective, but it gave me a rare 10 minutes of peace!
Sammy is always smiling!!!
Samuel Stephen
1. The name Samuel came from the Book of Mormon, Samuel the Lamanite is a hero of mine. I guess I wanted him to be named after someone he could emulate. Stephen is David's middle name and his Dad's middle name. I really like that tradition. It is pronounced like steh-fen.
2. Sammy can climb on the TABLE!!! He is so determined to climb! He actually cries out of frustration if he can't climb on what ever is before him. He goes up to the table pulls out a chair climbs on it and then turns around and climbs on the table. Then he dances his little bob-up-and-down dance.
3. Sammy likes Barbie cereal (don't tell him that it is girl-ie though. Then he might not eat it anymore!)
4. Sammy's feet are too fat to fit in his size of shoe. I had to buy size 6 shoes for him. There is close to an inch of empty space where his toes are, but his feet were too wide to fit in anything smaller.
5. Sammy gives the biggest most slobbery kisses I have ever had! I ask him for a kiss and he opens his mouth wide and plants one right on me! Then he kisses me again. Over and over! I love it. They aren't little quick pecks either. Sometimes they last about 5 seconds or more!
I love my kids so much!!! I know this blog is really all about them, but what can I say. They are my life. I have been so blessed to have such great kids!
We are tagging anyone with kids who reads this and wants to participate! Just tell us about your kids!
9 comments:
How fun! Your kids have cute personalities. I think Gracie looks a lot like you, and Samuel looks a lot like David. I have probably said that before! It's funny- my first kid is addicted to movies too, and my 2nd one also loves climbing on the table! Go figure!
Your babies are so darn cute, I miss them! I can't believe that Sammy climbs on the table, Sydney can't even climb on her little chair by herself yet! I love also that Gracie was "to busy" to finish singing you a bedtime song, she has the cutest personality ever!
So cute! I love that Gracie tells people about her pooping...haha! that is a crack up! And that pic of Sammy is SO cute!
What a cute idea! I'll have to tell everyone about my kid's personalities too... Yes, our kids are our lives, but would we want it any other way? Not me!
Agreed.
p.s. I love that she announces her proud poop moments at the library.
p.s.s. That is hilarious about Sammy's shoes! Miles is in size 4.
Julie-
Thank you for the email. It was super informative and helpful. We will call you guys on Saturday when we get close to Erie!!
Seriously, thank you so much.
-Cicely
Gracie should be proud of her potty moments! Go girl!
He has surely changed lately. Where is the time going? He looks so happy but yesterday he wasn't at all when we talked with David...We can't wait to see you.
your life really turns over to your kids once you have them huh! I agree...my kids are everything to me too! I love it!
Post a Comment