*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Wednesday, March 23, 2011

An update on the munchkins...



Gracie is such a little teenager. She may only be 6 years old, but she sounds like she is turning 16. A few weeks ago she told me she didn't like my music and that she wanted to listen to rock and roll. She is loving kindergarten and is a great little reader. She love playing with her barbies, making "books," and doing anything creative really. She loves to tell jokes and the funny part about them is how unfunny they are. She and I are BFF's and we have to stick together because we live in a house full of boys! I sure do love my little girl!


Brigham Duke is 6 months old now. Has he really been a part of our family for half a year!?! He seems to be a pretty mellow fellow. I adore his smile and he always has one for his mom. He has started eating baby food and so far carrots are his favorite. He tried applesause today and gagged on and spit out every bite. His favorite time of day is in the evening when his siblings have gone to bed and he gets his parents full attention all to himself. That is when I get the most giggles out of him. He is a little charmer and flirts with anyone who makes eye contact with him at church. He is in the 94th percentile for weight and 95th for height and is the cutest little butterball ever!



Sammy is a little ham and I can't get a serious picture out of him for anything. We registered him for preschool this week. I know he is going to love it, but I will admit I felt sick while I was turning in the registration papers. He is still my baby. He is definitely a momma's boy and loves to snuggle and cuddle with me. He also loves to do silly things that make his baby brother laugh. He still introduces his baby brother to anyone who will listen as Baby-Brigham-Punkin-Duke-(insert last name here) as if it is all one name. He is my big helper most days while his sister is in school and loves to help me cook. He is four years old and is very tall and skinny. Thank goodness for adjustable waist pants because nothing else will stay up! He dresses himself and some of his outfits are pretty colorful. He came down the other night dressed for bed wearing a pair of 3-6 month pants that Brigham has grown out of and wore them to bed that night and the next night too. I laughed and laughed that he he could even get them on! But he insisted upon wearing them.

Benson is so funny and sweet. He acts like he wants to be as big as his brother and sister and sometimes I have to remind myself that he is only two. He LOVES Lightening McQueen and makes the greatest car sounds ever. He loves to eat and will eat almost anything I feed him (except vegetables). He is such a happy boy unless he is hungry in which case he turns into a huge monster! He loves to tease everyone especially his mom and his brothers... even Brigham doesn't escape the teasing which sometimes he tolerates and sometimes he doesn't. I couldn't believe it when I took Benson to the doctors office earlier this month and found out he is only in the 25% for height! This is so crazy because I am 5'10" and David is 6'3" and he is the first one of our kids not to be in the 90th percentile or above! He loves to sing songs and do the actions to them. He shares a room with his baby brother and loves to climb into Brighams's bed and fall asleep in it during nap time.

I love being a mom to these 4 kids. I frequently wonder how I got to be so lucky to be their mom!

5 comments:

Alesha said...

They are all getting so big! I am feelin the outnumberedness in my house! Hopefully I get a girl to "stick" with! haha

Robin Keith said...

Brigham is adorable....but they all are, right? Love your guts guys. Can't wait to see ya. only 26 days...ahhhhahhhhh

Sarah said...

I dont even recognize brigham! Oh my goodness he is big!!!

Macy said...

AHHH!! I miss you and these adorable children like no one ever missed someone before!! I can't wait to see you and talk with you and... I just love you Julie! Did you know that? I look up to you. :)

Mary Ann said...

What cute kiddos! They are all getting so big! Gracie is beautiful! I can hardly wait to see all of them!