While we were in Utah over Thanksgiving we stopped at my dad's work for a couple of minutes. I LOVE to visit my family and my husbands family. I feel really lucky to have two amazingly wonderful families. We only got to visit our families for a week, and can I just tell you it wasn't enough time. I hadn't seen my siblings in a year and a half. That seems like such a long time! We saw David's family at his graduation, but still it is so much fun to get together with everyone. I felt really stressed trying to figure out which families got which time while we were there. Not that they really pressured us, more that I did. I let the stress ruin some of the fun for me. Looking back it was dumb to be so stressed about it, but I guess it is too late now... One of the things that I was stressed about was driving out to my Dad's work. I really wanted to go and to take my kids to see what he does, but I felt like we left late and were cutting into David's family's time so we only stayed at my dad's work for a few minutes, but I am SO GLAD that we went!!! It was really fun to let my kids see his work. He is a diesel mechanic and at the time he was working on some HUGE Catepillar trucks. The trucks are so huge that the tires are taller than my 6'3" husband. And my dad was the only one at his work who new how to fix them (what a smart dad I have). I really love my dad and am so grateful for him.
All of the kids sitting in the trucks tire. I really love this picture even though my kids kinda look like orphans in it. Gracie dressed herself and picked out those great socks. :) David dressed Benson, and even though I don't love him less for it, he doesn't really know how to match. And I don't think anyone had their hair combed that morning... oh well.
My dad le the kids climb in the cab of the truck and was surprised when they figured out how to start the engine. Yep that is my kids driving the biggest truck in the world! I always love to drive past Caterpillar equipment. I can be driving through road construction and every time I see a Catepillar it makes me think of my dad. I love you dad. Thanks for being my dad.
1 comment:
I am so jealous that you got to go to Dad's work! Last time I asked if my kids could go(during Sydney's bob the builder phase) Dad said no.
Cute pictures!
Post a Comment