*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Monday, April 26, 2010

Moving

I can't believe the month is almost over. With it has come spring and the beautiful flowers on the tree in my front yard.

They have mostly fallen off now and my lawn is carpeted with pink flower petals.

This is the last spring we will spend in this house. In fact it is the last week we will spend in this house. It has been a good house and a good place to live. The kids are excited to move closer to their Aunt and Uncle and two cousins, and David is anxious to start his residency training. I am anticipating having him done with school FOREVER!!!! He has been a student since we got married almost 9 years ago. Some people tell us that residency isn't much different than school, but others tell us it is infinitely better. You get to do what you want (take care of patients) instead of attend class, and for the first time in years David will be bringing home a paycheck (Woot Woot!). David still has another month before graduation, but he is doing his last rotations where we are moving for residency so we are moving at the end of this week. As happy as we are to start this new chapter in our lives, I am sad to leave here. Just like I am sad to see the flowers fall off my tree each spring. We will miss this place where we have been so happy the last three years.

6 comments:

Heather B said...

Wow! Those flowers are gorgeous! Good luck with the move.

Mary Ann said...

Oh Julie your tree is so beautiful! Moving is such a pain isn't it! I wish I was there to help you move! I love you lots sister!

Shonna said...

Congratulations!!! I absolutely love the carpet of pink petals on your lawn; I think it could come from a page in Anne of Green Gables.

Ali Mae said...

First thought I had when I heard who would be renting your house. . . 'Yay, we'll still get to see that awesome tree.' (At least without having to drive by some random's house lol).

Robin Keith said...

That tree is just beautiful...there will be another one where you are going...yes?

Amber P. said...

I've been thinking a lot about you and your family this week. And I guess for good reason. You seem to have a ton on your plate. I hope the move it going well. And the pregnancy. I think four would definitely be scary and overwhelming! But you'll survive and thrive just like you did with medical school :)

You're family is adorable! Wishing you the best and looking forward to seeing what the future brings...