*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Friday, September 19, 2008

Summer



I was cutting up some watermelon the other day for part of our dinner. Gracie snuck in while I wasn't looking and stole this big wedge of watermelon. Before I could say a thing she had taken a big huge bite of it. She claimed she didn't want it cut, but she wanted it just like this. Doesn't seeing this just make you think of summertime. Summer is just about over. I feel kind of sad. I don't feel like we really took advantage of all of the summertime stuff this year (partly because I have been feeling so fat and uncomfortable and partly because David has been so busy with school). Now that it is drawing to a close I kind of wish that it weren't. Gracie told me yesterday that the sun belongs to summer and snowmen belong to winter. I don't know that I am actually ready for all the snowmen yet... I guess maybe this is a case of "the grass is always greener." I love all of the seasons, but I am feeling a little lonely for lying out on the grass and watching the clouds go by, for lightening bugs and fire works, for warm rain showers, for ice cream tasting better than any other time of year, for seeing Gracie eating a great big wedge of watermelon straight from the rind... I guess we will just have to take as much advantage of these last warm days as we can.

3 comments:

Rebecca's Family said...

Julie, I am so glad that we can catch up. Your blog is very cute. I will be adding it to my blog so we can keep in touch.

Wow, 2 kids and one on the way. Congratz!!!

Shonna said...

I agree. I love summer! Although getting used to humidity this summer has seemed to make it hotter. I do love the changing trees right now.

Emily said...

She looks so innocent and so mischievous at the same time! What a doll!