*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Thursday, May 31, 2007



Babies are so amazing! They are so innocent and happy... happy just to see the smiling face of their mother or father... happy to wake up from a nap and see that you come when they cry... happy just to be hugged and kissed and loved by someone. I wish that I new how to be happy with just the simple things like that. Henry B. Eyring said, "There is a great tendancy for us in our prayers and in our pleadings with the Lord to ask for additional blessings. But sometimes I feel we need to devote more of our prayers to expressions of gratitude and thanksgiving for blessings already received. We enjoy so much." That is what my son taught me today. It is something I forget and need a reminder of frequently. I know that as the parent, I am supposed to teach my children, but I find that they teach me more. Maybe if I have a dozen kids, someday I will know everything I need to.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sis,
love the quote! What wonderful thing did we do to deserve the innocent, never-ending love of our children? I feel unworthy of my sweet baby with every breath she takes yet she is here and she is mine...forever. Life is good for that reason alone! -Caralee