*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Friday, July 31, 2009

Positive Day!

I saw this online and wanted to participate. There really is so much negativity around every turn, in every newspaper, in emails, on the radio, on and T.V. that it is great to take a day to think about the positive things in life. Like (in no particular order):

the pitter-patter of little feet waking me up every morning (even on the days that it is 5:30 in the morning). I love my children and think that being a mom is the best job in the world.

my testimony in the gospel of Jesus Christ restored here on the earth here in these latter days.

the best husband in the world. He supports me and takes care of me even when he is the one who needs supporting and taking care of in medical school.

large amounts of Mexican food (especially fresh salsa!).

bird song in the morning.

nap-time!

books.

modern day medicine. Each time I deliver a baby or one of my kids get sick or hurt I am so thankful for doctors, hospitals and medicine.

school loans. With out the loans that David is getting while in medical school, I would have to have a job outside the home and couldn't spend my days with my awesome kids.

my body that sometimes (ok always) may weigh more than I want it to, the teeth that sometimes get cavities, the finger nails that break, the head and feet that sometimes ache (hey at least I have all these things!!)

living in the United States of America!

my cluttery house and our cars and all of the things we have.

I really have so many positive things in my life! What a lucky girl I am! They day ahead of me looks so much brighter now that I have taken a minute to consider my blessings!

7 comments:

j said...

Thank you SO much for participating today. It is lovely to meet you!

Thanks for throwing in your cluttery house - I don't feel so alone now :)

The photos of your children are just beautiful. Isn't it great that their sweet faces can make us feel positive and hopeful?

Again, thanks for being a part of Positive Day - you've helped to make my day positive indeed!

Dianne said...

your children are beautiful!!
I love their open faces and beautiful eyes
your daughter's smile is like sunshine

Ronnica said...

What an interesting thought...be thankful for a healthy body, even if there's more to it than I need!

Travis Cody said...

I'm here from Jen's linky.

I'm with you on the Mexican food, especially TACOs!

Happy Positive Day!

Heather B said...

MMM! Salsa! Want some! This was a great post. Thanks again for your prayers.

Anonymous said...

What a great list. Children are our hope. Love the comment about weight and our body in general...I'm with ya. At least we have it all. Happy Positive Day 2009. Aloha :)

Becky said...

Julie, as always, you are so awesome! Thanks for bringing such a positive note to my day! Hope your day is as wonderful as you are! :)