*david*julie*gracie*samual*benson*brigham*


Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dear So and So

Dear Fort Wayne,

Why did you have to be so perfect? When we came to visit you this last weekend so David could interview for your residency program we already knew we liked you, but we didn't know that we would love your darling neighborhoods, friendly small town feel, comfortable ward, and impressive residency program. Gracie met the man of her dreams. She announced her intentions of marrying Conner (one of the many friendly resident's children) after whispering back and forth to each other during lunch our first day there. And Sammy even ASKED to go to nursery at church on Sunday. That has NEVER EVER happened! He has actually refused to go for the past few months. A cute Grandpa stopped by our table while we were eating dinner one evening and pulled no less than $1.50 in quarters out of our children's ears. He was dubbed "the magic Grandpa" after that. We loved you Fort Wayne, and that is terrible!!! Now we have to choose between you and another residency that we love! Don't tell anyone yet, but I think I might love you the best!

Sincerely,
The covet-er of your cute houses


Dear GPS,

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways! You saved my life you know. Without you I would have sat in a puddle and cried in all the new towns we visited during our trip this last weekend. You make me so happy! I know Sammy didn't like the Halloween monster voice David down-loaded on you, but don't let that hurt your feelings. The rest of us loved it, and David and I got a kick out of having you give us directions in an Australian accent. It made me want to buy a boomerang and say things like "G'day Mate!" So thanks for the good times. I will never leave home without you again.

The one who gets lost in paper bags

7 comments:

Sarah Keith said...

How far away is Fort Wayne? I am excited. I want to hear WAY more this weekend! Love you!

Mary Ann said...

This post was so cute Julie! I really want you to move to Fort Wayne, then we'd only be 10 hours apart when we go to Nebraska! That would be so fun! I think it is so funny that Gracie met the man of her dreams on your trip! I love you lots!

Julie Kohler said...

You. Crack. ME. Up!!!

Sarah said...

How do you download different voices! I want the monster voice for Camerons GPS!

Robin Keith said...

Great visit...loved every minute...thanks for the great time I had...

Emily said...

Fort Wayne is only three hours from us! We're having a family reunion of sorts in South Bend next year because of the Notre Dame vs Utah football game next November!

Robin Keith said...

Loved being with you guys...
love the blog...love the pics....